iMac reading USB ports as 1.1

Discussion in 'iMac' started by fireseeker, Jan 29, 2014.

1. fireseeker macrumors newbie

I have had my iMac for a couple of years now, and I had purchased Elgato video capture. When I first purchased it, it worked fine. However, when I upgraded from Leopard to Lion, the computer informed me that the Elgato program could not be initialized. I have recently upgraded to Maverick . . . The problem remains.

It seemed that the USB port was being read as a 1.1 port, instead of a 2.0 port. Can anyone help me resolve this problem?

RA

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

From where are you gathering the computer detects the USB port as a USB 1.1 port?

3. Fishrrman macrumors G3

Questions:

Is the Egato device USB? (you didn't say)

If it is a USB device, the following applies:

Is it advertised to be USB (1.1) or USB2?

Are there drivers associated with it?

Are the drivers installed, or not?

If it is USB, and it's only USB1.1, the Mac will probably show the port speed as being only 1.1.

If the drivers won't install via Mavericks, that could further complicate matters.

4. macthefork macrumors 6502

In addition to the above question, are you sure that the Elgato drivers (kernal extensions) or any related programs aren't Power PC, coming from Leopard? Starting with Lion, Rosetta wasn't included to run Power PC programs or kernal extensions on the Intel processor, and will not load. You may be able to download a newer driver from the Elgato site.

As far as the USB speed, where is the Elgato plugged into? directly into the Mac? (not a keyboard or hub) And what year is your iMac?