iMac Recovery CD

Discussion in 'macOS' started by megamanbnmaster, Aug 8, 2008.

1. megamanbnmaster macrumors 6502

So I've took apart my 2007 Aluminium iMac and replaced the hard drive to 1 TB from 320 GB, and it all worked fine... until I attempted to install Mac OSX from recovery.
    Apparently, I didn't reconnect the DVD drive correctly so due to my own self foolishness, I JAMMED in the DVD and scratched it until its unusable. Thankfully, I noticed my own mistake and reopened the iMac/reconnected the DVD drive and fixed everything. However, the disc was SUPER scratched and my attempt to load it up failed. The computer would keep ejecting the disc and rejecting it.

I was able to boot from my old Hard Drive (external box and USB 2.0) and clone it to the new one, but I don't have another recovery DVD. So, I have a few questions that I hope can be answered.

Is it possible to get single (like only part 1) replacement recovery discs, if it is, how much would it cost?

Also, if its possible, whats the method to get it replaced? Since I'm only 16, I don't have a credit card so on the phone is out of the question. (I can get a prepaid credit card for online). Does anybody know if I can just go to the Apple Store and order a set (if its even possible?)?

thanks!

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Call Apple and they should sent you new discs for free.