iMac Refresh - Whats New?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by intz2nu, Oct 15, 2015.

1. intz2nu macrumors 6502

intz2nu

I purchased a max spec 27" Retina iMac in May, 2015. Could someone here tell me if the processors in the new refresh is newer than what I have? Also will the OWC 64G of ram kit work with the one I got or is it only compatible with the refreshed model? Maybe I'm missing something here but I only see the refresh having El Capitan and the new rechargeable keyboard and mouse or did the processors indeed get a bump?

2. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

If you read the Macrumors articles, it will fill you in. And no, you can't use 64GB of RAM in your machine and if you could, you still wouldn't actually use much beyond 16GB. The processor is newer, but not much faster. The SSD is faster. More color gamut etc.

3. intz2nu, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015

intz2nu thread starter macrumors 6502

intz2nu

Ahhh I see Thank you. I guess its time to sell the current machine for that one now.

Edit: Could someone tell me if the refreshed model will still allow for use with Windows 7 through Bootcamp? I read somewhere on here that Bootcamp for Windows 7 is no longer an option with Macbooks and the Mac Pro. When Apple does a refresh would the Bootcamp for certain versions of Windows also be changed?