iMac Refurb drop in price

Discussion in 'iMac' started by denisb1, Oct 15, 2014.

1. denisb1 macrumors newbie

Thinking of getting an iMac refurb but waiting till new iMac announcement on Thursday to see if any indication of a price drop. Any thoughts on this?

2. MacTCE macrumors 6502

I would expect some drop to occur after the announcement if it hasn't already.

3. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Who cares? You are protected by a 2 week return policy and also Apple is famous for giving customers the lower price if a price change occurs within a couple of weeks. If you want one, then just buy it.

4. mad3inch1na macrumors 6502a

Refurb prices do not typically drop until the new models start begin offered for refurb.

5. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Yes it makes more sense to wait given how close we are. Anybody suggesting order one and then return it in the two week window is nuts. Please explain the scenario when waiting 24 hours before ordering hasn't valued their time very highly. By the time you unpack it and set it up, the new one might have been announced.

6. Supertaff macrumors member

My guess is that once ( IF ) the new iMacs are launched, Apple will replace all the Apple shop iMacs with the new ones, that is if they are classed as a replacement and not a High spec model and existing range is kept.

Therefore all the shop models will be returned to factory to be refurbished / polished / reformatted and then they will be put onto the Apple Refurb shop over the following months, don't think we will see a big price drop, Apple will continue to manage the supply chain to keep prices about 20% lower than RRP.

The main difference I think we will see is that the model will change to being late 2013 / early 2014 rather than early 2013.

Just a view

Taff

7. fathergll macrumors 6502a

Yeah this is what blows my mind on these forums. How little people care about returning items(I'm not sure if it's a U.S. mentality).

It's like the same idiots I see returning 30 items of clothing holding up the line for everyone.

8. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

I will definitely be getting a refurb 27" iMac. I was really planning on getting retina macbook pro but I might as well get refurb for under $1500.