iMac Refurb Shipping Time

Discussion in 'iMac' started by macatak911, Mar 18, 2009.

1. macatak911 macrumors regular

Ordered a 2.6 20" Friday with a 3-5 business day shipping delay. So I've finally hit that 3rd day and I can't control my excitement. Generally what time of the day does Apple ship/update their order status page and what has been anybody's experience with a 3-5 business day shipping? (ex. shipped early, 5th day etc.)

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. macatak911 thread starter macrumors regular

I know I know, but I NEED IT. It's an addiction!

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Wait 2 days then come back. It usually changes to "Prepared for shipping" a day before shipping.

I know your feeling

5. macatak911 thread starter macrumors regular

Ahhh thanks, that's what I'm getting at. So looks like no Apple being shipped today :(

Oh well I called the other day and got free overnight added so when it does ship I won't have to wait for days for it to make it across Texas to LA.

6. TheRedOx macrumors member

TheRedOx

I'm really impatient with this sort of thing too, I totally understand. I ordered a 13" Alu. MB Refurb about a month ago. It was at my house in 6 days total, ordered Fri a.m. and it was delivered the following Thu. - I'm in Illinois, an hour SW of Chicago. I just went with whatever their free shipping option was.

7. macatak911 thread starter macrumors regular

Me too. I bought Amazon Prime just because when I order something I get the urge that I need to have it NOW, when in actuality I could do without it for a few days.

8. trip1ex macrumors 68000

Hurry up and wait sucks! Waiting for my refurb iMac too.

9. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You were lucky. My iMac shipped on 6th and delivered on 12th, so it was 6 days on its way. Now I have to send it back because of stuck pixel and wait for new one :mad: This will be picked up tomorrow or day after tomorrow and the delivery of replacement will be on 25th or 26th. Luckily I'm at Germany next week so when I come back it should be here :apple:

10. Mike in Kansas macrumors 6502a

Mike in Kansas

I ordered a 20" iMac refurb on Tuesday March 3rd (the day the new iMacs were announced) 8:30AM central time; it was shipped that same day and arrived at my house on Friday morning of the same week, March 6th. I chose their standard 3-5 business day free shipping. I live in Kansas, and it was shipped from Elk Grove, CA.

11. macatak911 thread starter macrumors regular

You must have ordered before a bazillion refurbs were orders. What was the ship time listed when you purchases? 24 hr or 3-5?

12. Mike in Kansas macrumors 6502a

Mike in Kansas

I don't remember - it went from "ordered" to "shipped" so fast. I THINK it said "24 hours". I got in early I know. I had been watching the refurb shop for two weeks - had actually ordered a 2007 20"/2.4GHz and it was on its way to me from Apple. Then, when the refreshes were announced, the refurb 20"/2.66 immediately became available (I'm almost certain it is new) at $200 less than it was the day before. My price point was $1000 for a new computer for the kids, and things just fell into place.

I may never buy a new Mac again, but wait for announcements and get the immediately prior refurb model. I do not need the latest and greatest. I waited three camera model upgrades before I finally upgraded my DSLR. ;-)

13. macatak911 thread starter macrumors regular

Wooo! Finally changed to prepared for shipment! So I guess that means it will ship out tomorrow arriving Friday :) I'm glad I won't have to wait all weeked!

14. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Ordered 24" on March 7, which was a saturday. Got shipping notice same day, a few hours later. Of course since it was saturday it didnt ship until monday. Arrived friday the 13th. I choose the ground option.

15. ishoulddie macrumors newbie

i ordered a refurb'ed 24" iMac online yesterday afternoon, and got a shipping notice that same evening. According to FedEx's tracking, it should get to me tomorrow, and that's with free ground shipping!

16. macatak911 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok so now I'm getting really antsy! Last night, as you know, they changed my status to prepared for shipment. I'm assuming that means it will ship today. When does apple generally ship during the day and update the order status?

17. rupnok macrumors member

Ordered by 2.8ghz 24" refurb on March 7, arrived March 14, from Elk Grove, CA to Boston, MA.

Took 2 days to ship from order placement.

18. macatak911 thread starter macrumors regular

So has anyone ever had their order go from prepared to ship to shipped late in the day? I'm starting to worry it won't go out today and I'll be waiting all weekend.

19. macatak911 thread starter macrumors regular

Update: Shipped!

Standard Overnight - Indirect Signature Required
    Estimated delivery

Mar 20, 2009 by 3:00 PM

Mar 19, 2009 3:25 PM
    Picked up
    RANCHO CORDOVA, CA

20. macatak911 thread starter macrumors regular

Woooo!!!

Arrived!

Now I need to control myself and not open it until I get home from work!

21. trip1ex macrumors 68000

Sounds like it is too late for that. :D

MIne shipped yesterday too, but standard shipping so I have until Tuesday or Wednesday.

22. macatak911 thread starter macrumors regular

[​IMG]

Came in a white box. I wonder if it's actually new. I can't open it yet because I will cease to be productive.

23. sportsnut macrumors regular

^^^^^^

When the FedEX guy took the 'white box' out of his van this morning I figured productivity today would be limited to checking out HD videos!

You called it, we paid the refurb price and got a new one:D

24. macatak911 thread starter macrumors regular

I'm refusing to open it just so I won't get in trouble at work but is it in the retail box inside?

25. sportsnut macrumors regular

I was expecting it to be double boxed but inside of the box that looks just like yours was the iMac sitting on 2 foam spacers with the cord at the bottom of the box.

A tray on the top held the mouse, full sized keyboard, remote and manuals. A drop in iLife 09 disc was included next to the 2 install discs.