iMac repair options - pick up (in UK)?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Ubuntu, May 29, 2011.

1. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Greetings all,

I just purchased my iMac recently but noticed that the online warranty status states that there is no on-site repair option (as advertised as a possibility in the store) even though I live in London. This isn't a big deal but I also noticed a lack of a pick-up option too because I don't have a car so this would be a nightmare if I could only take it to the Apple Store or an authorised third party company. Can anyone confirm there isn't this option, paid or not paid? I have the 3 years Higher Education AppleCare warranty and wondered if that was the reason.

I'm in London for university and when I go back home for the summer there's not an authorised repair company in about 20 miles. If my only option is to drive out that far I'm pretty tempted to return an otherwise-amazing machine. I mean I even looked at the dell website for comparison (not that I'd ever buy a Dell again) and they offer on-site hardware repair for a lot less than standard Applecare, I'm just wondering how useful it really is for the iMac.

2. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Send it in to ChargedPC, I hear they're reputable. :D

Things might be a little different in the UK as far as on-site Applecare goes. But you can request a box and can ship the machine to Apple as well.