iMac Replacement -- AppleCare still valid?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mtnDewFTW, Apr 11, 2010.

1. mtnDewFTW macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, so I'm going to be getting my iMac replaced, and gonna be going over the whole thing tomorrow with the customer relations people.

Anyway, so I bought AppleCare for my iMac, and I was wondering, if they give me a new machine, will it still be valid? Or would I need to buy new warranty for it?

Thanks for your time :)

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

They should be able to transfer over the Applecare. Let them know you have Applecare registered on your old one and you want it transferred to the new one.

3. natewsmith macrumors regular

You have 2 options and they will go over it.

Depending upon when you bought your iMac and how much its still there. You have the option of moving it to the new machine or they will reimburse you the amount unused.

If you choose to move it to the new machine it will be from the date you bought it for the ORIGINAL machine!

That is why I have canceled mine and will buy it again before my 1 year is up.

Nate

4. hakr macrumors regular

Apple replaced my I7 for a relatively minor defect. The machine was about three months old. AppleCare said I could transfer my AppleCare coverage from the original to the new machine or I could get a refund for the old AppleCare and get a new contract for the new machine. I opted for the latter...the total cost to me was about $9.