iMac replacement on verge of new models...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by john.burn, Oct 6, 2014.

1. john.burn macrumors member

I've had an ongoing 2 month saga with a botched iMac repair through both AppleStore and AppleCare with a replacement (equivalent or better) model due for deliver this week (if it happens, I'm not holding my breath). It'll be an iMac ultimate - everything ticked and maxed out from ram, gpu and cpu.

Where do I stand on the allegedly new iMacs bein announced next week? Just feel like Apple have dropped the ball in this ongoing issue that's still not resolved after 2 months.

I'll be shocked it this one is in perfect condition mind you.

John.

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Well you can ask

You can ask the question of course but as a replacement they only have to replace what you already have, if they have already beaten that then I think you will just be told where to get off.

3. MacTCE macrumors 6502

I have to agree. Even if new ones are announced on the 16th they won't have any refurbs to hand out as replacements.

4. john.burn thread starter macrumors member

As long as this one is perfect, no cosmetic damage I'll be happy. It should arrive tomorrow according to the tracing info :).

It's not a refurb btw but a brand new BTO.

John.

5. john.burn thread starter macrumors member

And... It's just arrived, yet again they've shipped the non SSD version and no sign of the 32GB of RAM. The saga continues. Waiting on call back from Exec Customer Relations now...

This is not what has been confirmed my replacement will be. Should be interesting to hear the excuse , AppleCare mess up yet again.

John.

6. john.burn thread starter macrumors member

Well, just had a call...

The ongoing issues with my iMac replacement have been well and truly sorted out by Executive Customer Relations.

On order and free of charge is a completely maxed out iMac with Retina 5k Display... Every option ticked.

It seems emailing Tim Cook and explaining that your machine has been damaged, replaced several times with the wrong spec is something he takes a personal interest in fixing and ensuring you're happy. It may have been 2 months coming but my god have they gone way above and beyond.

Thank you Apple!