iMac Replacement - Price Discrepancy

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MadMitch89, Aug 9, 2011.

1. MadMitch89 macrumors regular

Hey guys, I was just after your opinion on an discrepancy I'm having. My 2010 iMac is being replaced by Apple because it is faulty. I purchased this iMac for AUD$2839 6 months ago. The unit they are replacing the faulty iMac with is improved in specs but comes in at $2419 - $420 less than what I paid for a faulty machine. I was just curious as to what you think about this situation. I haven't said anything to the Apple care people but I feel like I'm missing out.

I would dearly like to add the 1Tb HDD + 256SSD option, which would require the $420 difference and $210 of my own $$. Does this sound right to you given that I purchased a faulty machine less than 6 months ago?

2. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

Don't be afraid to bring this up with AppleCare. All Apple can say is no but might surprise you and make up the difference. If it were me, I would bring it up with the supervisor you spoke with.

3. Hamilton1963 macrumors regular

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

It won't hurt to ask, but don't expect them to give you anything additional.
    You're getting your machine replaced with a better one than you originally purchased. You agreed on the price you paid when you paid it, Apple has just adjusted their currency exchange formulas since then.

5. eatmyjustice macrumors member

eatmyjustice

My 3yr old iMac was replaced last Sunday. I paid about 2400USD for it new and the replaced model was a stock model sold at 1999USD. The speed/power difference were so different in my case, I didn't even think to ask about something like this. Doesn't hurt to ask though.