iMac replacement?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mcdonoughdr, Jan 15, 2012.

1. mcdonoughdr macrumors member

I have a very weird issuie with my iMac... the left click on any mouse does not work no matter what I do, I tried re installing osx and before that I restarted the iMac many times. I also called AppleCare and they told me to take it into the store, is there any chance they will replace it?

2. malman89 macrumors 68000

I'm guessing you've tried other mice to make sure it's not a problem with your mouse?

If you have, you should definitely take it in to be looked. Maybe some driver issue that can be easily fixed.

3. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Replace what the mouse or the computer? If it's the mouse you can ask and they'll probably just give you one. Frankly I'd ask for a Magic TrackPad instead. If you are asking about the computer then they will replace after the 3rd repair.

4. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

I am assuming you turned on the function in System Prefs right? And swapped out another mouse with left click ability and tested also? Can you cntrl-right click and get the expected functionality? It's the mouse or the software. It is not the iMac hardware itself.