Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Retrospectic

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2010
England
Hi, my iMac's internal display is broken, so i can continue to use my mac i need to use an external display.. i currently have a 21.6" display, but the highest resolution i can achieve is 1360 x 768.

This seems to be extremely inefficient, but is the highest offered option, is there any way i can make the resolution higher?

Thanks.

Nov 28, 2010
located
No, unless the native resolution of that display is higher than the one you currently get.
Have you made sure the resolution you currently have with that external screen is the native one?

Is that external display a TV by any chance?

Retrospectic

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2010
England
yes, the external display is a TV, although i am unsure of the native resolution, although it is full HD, so i assumed it could do better than 1360 x 768.

AdrianK

macrumors 68020
Feb 19, 2011
720p TVs have a resolution of 1360*768. The pixel density is low because they aren't designed to be used as monitors.

If your TV is advertised as 'Full HD' it will be 1080p, 'HD Ready' is 720p.

Retrospectic

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 2, 2010
England
okay.. is there any way to make like, everything on the screen smaller? i mean like the font and shiz, so i can fit more stuff on?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.