iMac retina yellowing?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by KorraSpirit, Oct 31, 2014.

1. KorraSpirit macrumors newbie

Sep 11, 2014
    My 5K iMac just arrived and I noticed when watching dark things, there are yellow patches on the screen. I heard it's called yellowing?

Is this normal?
    Is there any way to manually get rid of it?
    I purchased a maxed out iMac, if I were to take it instore and they agreed to replace, would they give me another maxed out one? Would it be a refurbished one?
    If you have a retina iMac: Have you experienced this too?

Any recommendations on what I should do?

It's not noticeable AT ALL apart from when the screen is dark or I'm watching dark scenes of TV shows and etc. It kind of bugs me when I am doing so.
  2. thekev macrumors 604

Aug 5, 2010
    Maxed out would be configured to order. They don't stock those in the store, but you could return and repurchase. Be aware that you may never get a perfect one. I guess some people have, but I've never seen a perfect screen on any Mac. The few brands that design displays for professional use design specific panel blocking algorithms to compensate for factory measured non-uniformity. Of course those lower the maximum brightness, which would probably annoy some people. Apple doesn't actually do that. They mentioned some of the devices used to measure them at the factory, but it's likely that this one was within their tolerance levels.