iMac return after online registration?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Hayleyn, Mar 4, 2009.

  1. Hayleyn macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2009
    Location:
    U.K
    #1
    I bought a 24" iMac and set it up at the weekend, did the software update and registration, now would like to return it and wait for the new one to come out-is this possible?! its on it 13th day here-if anyone could let me know if its still ok to return under its 14day return policy after registering etc that would be great! still have all original packaging and was only out of box for a day!

    I don't normally return things and feel a bit bad about wanting too-but then again it was delivered over a week late due to a shipment being lost and i missed using it for the project i really needed it for, now I don't really need one until april onwards...
     
  2. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

    ziggyonice

    Joined:
    Mar 12, 2006
    Location:
    Rural America
    #2
    You should be fine. Just pack it back up in the box and take it back .
     
  3. Hayleyn thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2009
    Location:
    U.K
    #3
    thanks for the advice, do you think its worth returning it for a new imac-just been checking things out and realised the new imac came out yesterday!

    the one i got was the 3.06GHz 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GS W/512MB graphics and 500GB hard drive...are the new ones much better esp pricewise with all the upgrades etc? i intend to use it for photo editing, web designing and digital print designing using adobe programmes and maybe a movie or two :)
     
  4. Ivan P macrumors 68030

    Ivan P

    Joined:
    Jan 17, 2008
    Location:
    Home
    #4
    http://store.apple.com

    Maybe you should look up the specs for yourself.
     
  5. Hayleyn thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2009
    Location:
    U.K
    #5
    I have done thanks, just have no clue about graphics things and whether it would make much of a difference
     
  6. Hayleyn thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2009
    Location:
    U.K
    #6
    ok phoned apple, said ok to return still so doing that, and probably going to upgrade to the radeon graphics card as it seems people are pretty sure its worth the extra investment

    just thought i'd update this in case someone else researching found themselves in the same predicament
     

Share This Page