iMac Ruined my life... games!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Lordillingworth, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Lordillingworth macrumors regular

Well i managed to stop playing World of Warcraft last year, and this year when i was getting a new computer i deliberately got a very low powered Vista laptop so i couldn't play it... However when i finally switched to apple and got my 20" Aluminum iMac... a certain game popped up again! Now i am hooked just as bad as before!...

Anyway, ignoring that, my main point was that i didn't buy a mac for games, but i am an insanely nerdy gamer (lol) and i was just wandering what mac only games there are about as i have no knowledge of this field!

I have seen reviews in mac magazines and i might be completely wrong but it seems that there are 'download only' games that are not to shabby!

Can anyone point me in a non warcraft direction please!?

kthnxbi!

2. PellePirat macrumors member

http://www.candystand.com/play.do?id=18047

quite addictive :)

I have tried everything, i bought tons of game to see if it can drag me away from WoW, but it cant :-( I keep getting back to WoW...

Me

Now im just waiting for Fallout 3 and hoping for a Knights of The Old Republic 3 one day :)

3. Spankey macrumors 6502a

I have not been able to play any computer game in the last 3 years or so that WoW has been out. WoW totally turned me off first person shooters which was all I used to play. I had no concerns getting a Mac since I knew it would play the one game I ever played. I also gave up WoW for awhile. The 24" iMac sucked me right back in.

4. jerry1 macrumors member

5. Spankey macrumors 6502a

6. big.birdd macrumors member

big.birdd

7. barkins macrumors regular

barkins

No matter how hard I try to go cold-turkey, I can't seem the shack the addiction of WoW. I went so far as to buy an Xbox 360 Elite with 5 games to keep me occupied, but alas after a short month, I went right back to it.

I don't think I'll stop playing WoW till they release WoW 2? Hahaha, who knows? :rolleyes:

8. stracky macrumors member

WOW is nice, but the gameplay is repetitive, you know the storys are interesting but then you have to hack through a group of monsters that as long as you have more hitpoints you know how it will end...

i downloaded the halo demo... i know its old.... but its fun still, multiplayer where you dont know what the other people will do...

9. bubblegum80 macrumors member

I kinda hooked on WOW for awhile (6 months)

Its a really crap game, I was even bored when I was playing it. However I kept playing it. Why? I didn't know what else to do. Now I have some hobbies and enjoy writing to my penpals. I deleted the POS game, and couldn't be happier.

Just delete it, and find some friends to hang out with. Go to the movies, start exercising, go to a cafe, the art gallery, start a new language, ask someone out on a date. Anything!!

10. Lordillingworth thread starter macrumors regular

lol!!!!!!!
    Hilarious!

Thanks for the pointers everyone, also i guess i should have put this in the Apple Games forum!!!

11. luffx macrumors regular

I've played WoW for 2 years straight, no other games. I quit about 2 months ago & never looked back. I previously played other MMORPGS such as EQ, SWG, & DAOC. Once you play an MMORPG, it's hard to leave for another genre. If you truly want to break WoW, I'd suggest trying another MMORPG. I plan on playing some FPS games and LOTRO until Age of Conan comes out (which is gunna rock faces). :D

It seems that the people who started WoW as their 1st MMO, have the hardest time leaving. It's a fun game, but when you login bored....and leave bored....then it's time to quit. :p

12. SciTeach macrumors regular

Lots of games and demos at:

http://www.macgamefiles.com/

But any game can be addicting if you enjoy playing it.:D

13. lasuther macrumors 6502a

I'm eagerly awaiting season 3 to start next week.

That said, I'm also waiting for Guitar Hero 3 coming to the mac in the next month or so. I would recommend getting that.