imac ?'s

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by alexlovesmacs, May 23, 2008.

1. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

ok i recently bought an ipod touch and i love it, its like a small laptop. i was planning to buy a macbook for portability but my ipod got stolen (30gb video) so i bought the ipod touch last saturday so i dont need to buy a macbook but im still thinking about the macbook soooo im thinking between the macbook and imac!

i was thinking...
    blackbook (current model)

or

20-inch middle model

24-inch low end model

also im already used to a crappy dell desktop which im currently using and its already 4 years old! so its time for something new! ;)

o and 1 more thing lol i play the sims 2 alot i have almost all the sims 2 games and im going to use bootcamp to play the sims 2 on windows partition also how many ram, hard drive space, and graphics card is great for the imac to play almost all the sims 2 games

2. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Not everyone can answer your post that fast. I'd say wait about an hour or more, a day tops for a reply.

You will be fine grabbing either the 24" or 20" iMac. If you want to play the Sims 2 then go for the iMac as the MacBook screen is kind of small. It's a great machine, but the screen size may be an issue for you, especially if you see the 20" or 24" iMac in person.

The stock hardware should do you fine with the Sims. It's not a RAM intensive game, nor processor intensive. Personally, I say get the 24" if you can, it's simply stunning.

And don't forget, just because it's the Internet doesn't mean that readers don't appreciate good grammar and spelling. It makes posts a lot easier to read, and gives the post a really needed sense of maturity.

3. SamoanDude macrumors regular

4. alexlovesmacs thread starter macrumors 6502a

well i think the low end 24 inch is worth it dont u all think?

5. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

Low end 24" will be fine. Order it and ENJOY! (And anyone will have a hard time stealing it, whereas a MacBook is portable and very stealable!)

6. alexlovesmacs thread starter macrumors 6502a

so true, thanks well my portable for now is an ipod touch! ;) and an imac well replace my miserable pc my last mac was an imac G3 so ill be back to mac sooon!

7. SamoanDude macrumors regular

When I got my first 24" iMac I was just awestruck. Now when I walk through Best Buys and see all the HP's and other wannnabes I just laugh. I wouldn't swap this for anything.

8. alexlovesmacs thread starter macrumors 6502a

9. shfreelance macrumors 6502a

If you find you are find with your iPod Touch for portable needs. Then I would get the iMac. But I advice you to measure your space. I fond only the 20' would fit on my desk in the hutch. But may I add it looks great. I do have to slide it out to put a disk in but it is easy. But that being said I bought the 20' middle model. Also I do beleave they make Sims 2 on Mac. If so I would get that. Because I was told that windows runs slow on a mac. Now I do not know if this is true or not. This is my first time owning a mac. I have used Mac Pro's at school for Photoshop CS3 and that was it. So don't take my words for a grain of rice.

But on a side note. I love the iMac, and I have allot more room in and around my desk. No more big clunky tower, just a subwoofer. For this little corner in my room where I do my school work and everyday task, it is the perfect size. It is also powerfull enough edit my photos. I like Mac so much now after using this.... I am thinking about getting a MacBook Pro for my portable needs and mobile workstation. Kinda thinking about a Mac Pro also for a nice workstation and keeping the iMac for multimedia and everyday work.

Hope this helps.
    ~Steven

10. alexlovesmacs thread starter macrumors 6502a

my desk can carry the 24 inch model its one of those corner desks ill fit fine thanks for your help!:)