iMac/SAAB story!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by m.jakey, Aug 9, 2007.

1. m.jakey macrumors newbie

I thought you all might find this somewhat humorous;

Drove about an hour yesterday to the nearest Apple store to 'look' at a new iMac(I have been limping along on my ole G4 eMac for several years) and en route, on a really busy four lane hill, I fried the clutch in my SAAB 9000.

Managed to coast it to a safe, traffic free, area to park and then had to get it towed to an unfamilar transmission repair shop. Then I had the pleasure of hitching homeward in 90 plus temps and just knowing exactly what price point the repairs would hit.

When I spoke to the shop owner this morning and he told me the estimate I just said:

"Oh good that's the clutch with the better GPU."

:D

2. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

My 9-5 Aero has 130,000 miles and still has the original clutch. :confused: What kind of 9000 do you have there? You must really be riding it!

3. m.jakey thread starter macrumors newbie

A '95 9000cs with about 180k that I bought last summer with 165k on it-paid only 2k and have had ZERO other problems so I can't really complain. I prolly should have seen this coming and had it checked though because the clutch had been 'chirping' lately.

I am just about done building a studio/office and furnishing it all nice, etc; the iMac is the finishing touch which I guess will have to wait another month or so.

Anyone want to buy some used fly fishing gear?:rolleyes: