Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigRed3373

macrumors member
Feb 2, 2007
I dont get on rumors to much but that could be possible or they just had to many in stock people want the bigger so 17 took a back seat I love mine however.

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 22, 2007
I really wouldn't call $1424 for a 17" iMac a sale.

EDIT: the link you give is a 20" iMac for $1424.

:) your right, my mistake. so the 17" and the 20" are on sale. even though it isn't much, it still is a sale.

i'm still waiting until leopard comes out and hopefully a upgrade before i purchase my 1st mac.

mrthieme

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2006
I just took a look at the refurb page and it seemed to have more current macs available than usual ( at least according to my memory). It would seem to me if new macs are close, clearing out old stock would be first on the list. My fingers are crossed.

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
yeah there are alot too i do think will see mac upgrades once 10.5 arrives wether that will be in march or wwdc in june i would have waited but i needed a new computer and i figure will order 10.5 eventually

iW00t

macrumors 68040
Nov 7, 2006
Defenders of Apple Guild
I just hope Steve will keynote something and announce a firm shipping date with an extra bit of goodwill by announcing that anyone who buys a Mac from then on will get a free upgrade to bonus when it ships.

The teaser + ensuing silence is starting to grate on the nerves.

PS: I also can't wait to see a new MBP.

clindner

macrumors regular
Nov 2, 2006
Also in case anyone is interested, CompUSA is going down the tubes. They are closing all their stores in some major markets such as Chicago and Atlanta.

Check those stores for some good deals while they last.

NYmacAttack

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2005
NY
Also in case anyone is interested, CompUSA is going down the tubes. They are closing all their stores in some major markets such as Chicago and Atlanta.

Check those stores for some good deals while they last.

Yea they are closing more than half of the stores. There prices were always high anyway.

runplaysleeprun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
I was in a CompUSA (downtown Chicago) and everything in the store was between 5 and 20% off. All iPod cases, iPods, Macs, the Apple HiFi, apple software, just about everything, was at least 5% off. I was very, very sad that I only had 20 bucks on me. I did walk away with an armband case for my 5.5g 80gig iPod for like 14.66.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.