Imac & School

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Tezz, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Tezz macrumors newbie

Hello I just graduated from college with my Minor in Animation and was seeking some advise from people in the "know" Currently I am seeking to obtain my Autodesk professional certs levels 1-4. Seeing how these are far cheaper than spending an additional 50-90k on grad school's. My basic question is this, given how processor intensive Maya and other 3d programs are would capped out top of the line Imac or Macbook pro work for the certifications? I would prefer not to buy a mac pro for a few more years if possible. Additionally I have been told that these certs are recognized industry wide is this true? and if so do you get the same experence as I would had I gone to grad school? sorry for posting such questions on this forum but it is difficult to find very unbaised response any help would be great thanks.

2. barredfreak macrumors 6502

Hello. A top-of-the-line iMac would be able to handle Autodesk and Maya just fine. As for your certificates being recognized and such, I am unable to be of assistance.

3. Tezz thread starter macrumors newbie

4. RedCroissant Suspended

Like already stated, an iMac would be fine and preferable to a MBP in my opinion. Which company/website are you going to use for Autodesk certifications? They should be recognized industry-wide, but be sure to shop around before signing up for a site that would cost a ton. I recommend lynda.com for anything you need to do for online certifications or even basic software/application training. You can get an annual premium subscription for $375, which gets you access to not only the programs and applications you want to be certified on, but all the other online tutorials and training as well. Good luck!

5. jji7skyline macrumors 6502

jji7skyline

A high end iMac will handle them just fine. In fact, my entry level iMac soars through everything I throw at it, CPU wise. I wouldn't be surprised if the high end 27" is a little overkill :p