iMac Screen Brightness Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Discusman, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Discusman macrumors newbie

Dear All,

I bought my 24" iMac three weeks ago and I get eyestrain after I've been on the computer for a while.

I've also adjusted the brightness level to 0, it's still very bright.

Could anyone tell me where can I purchase a screen glare guard? I've tried to find it on the internet, no luck.

People work at Apple store told me there is a website called "power station" that sells a such product that is specifically made for iMac, but I couldn't find the website either.

Please help. THanks

2. eman macrumors 6502a

3. kolax macrumors G3

You've turned the brightness all the way down and still find it too bright...?

4. Discusman thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm looking for something similar like the one in your link. But I have a iMac desktop, not a laptop.

Also, I noticed the one is abit of blueish in the link.

5. Discusman thread starter macrumors newbie

I get eyestrain after about an hour sitting in front the screen. The iMac just has much brighter screen in comarison with any other computers on the market.

I do not know why Apple make their screen so bright, people get all kinds of problem (headaches and eyestrians)

6. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I get this, too. I have a previous-gen iMac with the brightness all the way down to 0, and I wish it could go lower.

I had been used to using a computer with the lights off, but this monitor is way too bright for me to use comfortably in the dark.

7. 1Sik macrumors newbie

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I agree, get yourself some good dark sunglasses and you're set.. :cool:

9. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

bumping this thread..

Yeah after having my iMac for a few weeks now I can see what u guys mean. These things are super bright even at the lowest settings which can cause eyestrain or dizziness.