imac screen curled up its toes 2009 model

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mhduke640, Jun 5, 2013.

1. mhduke640 macrumors newbie

Hi all,

Typical newbie to a forum registering only 2 mins ago to get some help, although I have been on the site in the past. :p

My problem is that my mac was on, then went into sleep mode as I'd not used if for a while.

I pressed to 'awake' her and the hd fired up and I expected to see the screen come on......but it never nor has done since. It has definitely powered up as I can turn the volume up and down and it beeps/pips as usual.

I have it booked into the apple store in trafford centre UK tomorrow, but am dreading the diagnosis incase it's expensive.

I had the hard drive replacement done as per the recall about 3 months ago and have only recently finished paying the finance. I'm now thinking maybe I should have never had the hardrive done incase that could have caused the problem. Ie a cable broken or whatever.

I never took applecare as I have read that if you have taken finance on something especially through the retailer and there is a failure then it's classed as not fit for purpose if you've not completed the finance term.

Has anyone on here had to pay for a new lcd or part that caused the failure?

Anyone any advice on any angles I can take if I face a hefty bill? As in complaints or any advice at all really.

I'm wondering if anyone has read this far into my loooooong post. (sorry!)
    I need a fix soon as my 1 year old is missing her fix of Peppa Pig and Ben & Holly.

Cheers and top marks if you got this far :eek:

2. mhduke640 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for all the help guys, got is sorted in 5 mins at apple store.

Free too!