iMac Screen Degradation

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Robert Grant, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Robert Grant macrumors member

Hi, I have a 7 month old iMac i7 27". Just recently I have noticed that the brightness/whiteness of the display has been looking off. So I decided to check out some old photos I took of it and fired up my iPad 2/iPhone 3G with a white background. When I compared them to the iMac the results were astonishing. The iMac was almost yellow/grey in comparison to their pure white yet I swear when I got this iMac the display was near perfect, extremely bright and extremely white. I have always taken care with the display aswell, having set it to automatically go to sleep after 1 minute, but I don't understand how it could have degraded this badly or whether it is just something that happens with use.

Anyone else suffered (or suffering from) similar issues? If so, what have you done? At this point I'm seriously considering using AppleCare for a brand new display.

2. ExnomenDei macrumors regular

I know it's annoying, but go to a shop and ask them (take a picture next to the iPad and take it with you on the iPad to show them what it's like) what will happen. Perhaps you'll get a full replacement, I don't know. But that's the best first step, imo.

3. I AM THE MAN macrumors 6502

I would call Apple up and just talk to someone in the customer support line and ask about the problem. Ask them whether to take it to a store or send it back.