Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

naesager1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
See attached images..

The thing is, that the machine is turned off on the images.

Before shooting the attached images I had just cleaned the screen using a damp cloth and afterwards wiped it with a dry microfiber cloth. Just to make sure it wasn't dust or fingermarks.

I also tried to see if it was just shadows from lamps in the room, but it wasnt.

The areas shown on the images only appears when turned off. Now when sitting in front af the machine they are not visible.

Hope you guys know what it is, how to remove them, or know if this is a consideren an error worthy of a return.

Thanks a bunch! - Andreas

suburbia

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2008
Strange. Doesn't look to be streak marks since they're from behind the glass and appear to be on the actual display. Have you called Applecare yet? I would exchange for another machine if it's new.

naesager1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Strange. Doesn't look to be streak marks since they're from behind the glass and appear to be on the actual display. Have you called Applecare yet? I would exchange for another machine if it's new.

I don't think I'm covered by Applecare I'm afraid.

Just got of the phone with the store that sold me the unit, they said Apple will charge me for just examining the device, giving me pointers or even just answering the question, is it a hardware error, or a user error.

Too bad, I think it's ashame when spending around $2500 on the unit in Denmark, that stuff like this appears and you just have to live with it..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.