iMac Screen issue, not another thread on gradient or backlighting, this new!!!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by bluedoggiant, Feb 12, 2008.

1. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Has anyone found this "Glob" thing on their imac that is mostly visible on a white backround?? And when the display is off, that "glob" becomes shiny, its VERY annoying. Just called AppleCare, they say i should bring it in. Has anyone gotten anything like this?

2. Mac Addict macrumors member

Mac Addict

Can't say I have seen this, not on my 24" at least. I had a 20" had to return it because of the washed out bottom, dark top, yellow/brown tint from viewing side to side... ugly.

I don't ever remember this many ongoing complaints about screens, is it us or them?!?

3. bluedoggiant thread starter macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Don't know, I took off the glass to try and see its texture, seems EMBEDDED into the lcd, seriously a hardware issue, i put the display on, dust all over, but i got a hell hole off, i basically had to clear my room of dust, had to hold my breaths and breath in a certain place so that dust doesnt go flying, put the imac, and damn, it looked like a patient in the hospital, only sexier, i took off the glass, and took a hole lot of dust off, and that glob, apparently isnt my problem, it was there before it all.