Imac Screen Issues and dust issues question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rodgertakeuchi, Jul 14, 2008.

1. rodgertakeuchi macrumors newbie

Hi All,

My apologies if this question has already been asked, didnt have much time to check but hoping some people have had any experience or knows about this issue at all.

I have a friend who used to work at apple and she had said that the aluminum Imacs are known for having issues with moisture causing issues with their screens the other is dust and overheating issues.

Now granted these issues are actually detrimental to any computer component but, I was curious to know if this is especially and issue with Imacs or if people have had previous issues already. I plan to get a new mac within the next week or so. Big purchase which would be pretty price. Also how does the Imac stand in regards to processing power over a quad g5 or a g5 in general.

Thanks in advanced.

2. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

I've had my 24-inch aluminum iMac for 11 months now and have not had any problems with screen condensation nor overheating even though I live in an extremely hot and humid place. If you don't take off the glass screen you should have no problems with dust either. If dust particles are stuck behind the glass panel they appear like stuck pixels that flicker.

You might want to have a look at this thread.

3. macuser76 macrumors newbie

iMac 24 inch

I've had my iMac since Jobs first announced the new model. It works great at 2.4 GHz 2GB RAM. I posted a complaint about what I thought was some pixel issues, but now that I have read many other posts, my problem is due to dust behind the screen. I should have taken the Mac to a dealer as it was still under warranty, but I did not. Its not really that big of problem, I can only see the dust when it's bright in the room, so I think I'll live with it.
    Overall, compared to PCs, Macs are more efficient, easier to use and of course, they just work.
    Gaming is decent, although most of the games made for Mac are older games, so the specs of the machine keep up with the software.
    I would consider getting the wired keyboard and mouse (batteries are annoying to change) and also the wireless keyboard that was offered when I bought mine, did not have the number pad. The only issue I have with the Mighty Mouse is that when I click the right button, the left one sometimes activates (annoying with games) You have to make sure to click far on the right side.