imac screen issues

Discussion in 'iMac' started by cichlid81, Jan 28, 2012.

1. cichlid81 macrumors newbie

Well, I think its time to replace my G5 imac. I think I have squeezed it for all it can do and its time for her to go. I'm looking at a 27" imac, as I started researching though some disconcerting problems regarding the screens started popping up. What is even more disturbing seems to be apple's response to this. Claiming "environmental problems" to be the culprit and denying accountability for it. I have read that some people who paid for applecare have had their screens replaced three or four times. If I am going to spend 2k on a computer I don't want to worry if a year down the road that my screen is going to turn to crap. Has there been anything from apple recognizing the issue? Have they fixed the problem? I have seen the problem myself at the apple store, which really surprised me. Thanks for any help.

2. Orion27 macrumors member

iMac plus AppleCare = 3yr Warranty

3. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Though if Apple blame your environment it looks as if they replace/fix/clean? the screen once as a gesture.

4. Lankyman macrumors 68000

Personally I'd go with the 21.5" model. I tried the 27" found it gave me headache was far to big and for me a waste of real estate and money. Returned it got the 21.5" model and never looked back, plus you're unlikely to have any screen issues with the smaller model. It's a win win all round. :D