iMac Screen Life

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by arj8138, Jan 20, 2008.

1. arj8138 macrumors member

OK so I forgot one major detail. Mac Pros dont come with Front Row and I was REALLY looking forward to using that app.

So now Im set on the 2g less iMac....almost.

I wanna hear from the iMac owners about their screens. If they have had any trouble within / outside of 3 years.

Also, is the iMac monitor the same as the Apple Cinema Display?

Thanks.

2. WhiteNoiseMaker macrumors regular

WhiteNoiseMaker

Correct me if i'm wrong but i'm sure all Mac's come with Front Row. You just don't get a remote with the Pro, so you need to use the keyboard shortcut to open it or click on the app icon.

3. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

You're correct, you can use Front Row on a Mac Pro... you just don't get to use a remote.

4. arj8138 thread starter macrumors member

Then whats the point?

I think the whole appeal of front row is that I can control media functions from across the room.

5. IEatApples macrumors 6502a

IEatApples

Hmm… there doesn't seem to be any infrared port? So, I'm guessing buying the remote later wouldn't do much good?

Man, if that's true it's just silly! :(

6. IEatApples macrumors 6502a

IEatApples

Oh, and can someone answer the original questions about the iMac's screen life? I really wanna know! …
    I'm waiting to buy a new iMac you see! ;)

7. newkeyboard macrumors regular

It's a different screen to the current crop but I'm looking at the 20 screen on my 1.25 ghz imac g4 and it's as perfect as the day I purchased it. No lost pixels or gradient problems. In a way the fact that the screen has been so good is the reason I just ordered a Mac pro and cinema display. I'm sick if ditching a perfectly good monitor every time the computer gets too old.

8. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

It's NOT the same monitor as the ACD's. I really don't know how long the life is because I just got mine. I'm guessing that the hardware inside the computer would start going bad long before the monitor does.