imac screen not bright anymore

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ajo, Mar 25, 2008.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

my 24" iMac screen dosnt seem as bright as it once was.

Is it just me?

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

3. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

It doesn't decrease that fast, but your eyes could get used to it too. When I first got my Dell flat panel several years ago, the screen was so bright it hurt my eyes. Got used to it after a short while and I now keep both my iMacs at maximum brightness.

5. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

After reading this thread, i suddenly thought to myself "my iMac screen seems dimmer than it was." So yeah, it doesnt hurt my eyes as much anymore :)

6. Mikey- macrumors regular

Mabey the brightness has decreased but try pressing the F1 and F2 keys and see if the brightness suits your needs.

7. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Its not a problem, its just that full brightness used to be to much, now its okay. Probably just my eyes getting used to it.

8. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Anyone else think this? I googled it to day and this thread was the top thing. My iMac screen seems to be getting even dimmer. I only bought it in December!

9. thecrackerjack macrumors member

Not sure if this would help but run the hardware test on it. I think it boot and hold 'D'.

I have the opposite problem, my iMac is so bright I have it turned down as far as ti will go and its still far to bright for me. But I am coming from an older laptop so maybe its my eyes getting used to it.

My Dad's 24" had much better brightness control then my new 24". His is also an aluminum as is mine. He had his screen replaced due to gradiant issue that was extremely obvious without tests.

10. sk8mash macrumors 6502a

sk8mash

Just tried it, but it didnt find anything :confused: