Imac Screws up the last 15% of export everytime

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Lil Chillbil, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Lil Chillbil macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

Ok so as some of you know I am in the film production business. I have a pro but when my mac pro is under load. I do editing on my imac 2007 core 2 duo. And lately whenever I export or transcode a video the last 15 minutes or so just freezes with no audio and a freeze frame of the last frame that had audio? but it keeps moving its not like the video stopped please help because my cash flow is on the line :(

2. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Are you using your cell phone to type posts? It shows. Now, what production software are you using? You didn't state that.

3. Lil Chillbil thread starter macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

How'd ya know :p

Theres not too much production involved in this latest job. I simply had to download a video someone wanted off of a Streaming website. So I used iskysoft itube studio to download the video and then convert it to .mov. The problem is that when I uploaded it into imovie (which is actually quite good for simple projects that involve no editing whatsoever) and burned it to a dvd using idvd. As I was watching it the last 15 minutes of the video was just the freeze frame

4. Lil Chillbil thread starter macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

Well I solved my problem myself,,, no thanks to macrumors :rolleyes:

5. smoking monkey macrumors 65816

smoking monkey

Perhaps you'd care to share the solution? Never know, somebody in the future may have the same problem and a simple search will result in the answer and not frustration!

6. Lil Chillbil thread starter macrumors 65816

Lil Chillbil

I still don't know what happened, one day it starts only exporting 90% of a project every time then the next day its back to normal :confused:

7. Nuke61 macrumors 6502

It's good to hear that it's working again, but I also wouldn't say that you solved the problem, no thanks to this forum.

8. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Sorry man, it wasn't intentional. After reading your situation about the streaming I just didn't have an answer for ya. I was certain someone would. Don't take it too personally. For the most part most people including myself want to help. Not everyone just has the answer. Glad it worked out for you. :)