iMac Shipped with Lion FaceTime Camera Problem

Discussion in 'iMac' started by paxxxor, Sep 24, 2011.

1. paxxxor macrumors newbie

paxxxor

Hey guys,

Im having problems with my iMac i purchased shortly after lion from the australian online store,

27" 3.4 Ghz i7, 4GB, SSD

Pre installed with lion when i purchased it, The camera was working when i purchased it but has since stopped working...

I get a green light when i enter Photobooth, and a loading spinning circle where the image should be...

I only get a black image when i try and use the camera in other apps (Skype)...

Since i have had my iMac i have installed Windows using the bootcamp assistant, this is the only thing that i think could have messed around with this...

I have already tried resetting my SMC and have reinstalled Lion to no avail.

Any suggestions?

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Try it in Windows. If it's still not working, then you know it's a hardware problem. Since you reinstalled Lion, it definitely sounds like one.

3. paxxxor thread starter macrumors newbie

paxxxor

Same problem, only had Skype to test it though...

Do you think taking it down to Apple store is my only option now?

4. excommie macrumors regular

reset PRAM. Had the same issue, PRAM reset fixed it.

5. AppleNewton macrumors 68000

AppleNewton

hm i'd definitely bring it in first before sending it back if thats the only problem, it maybe a glitch in the software. I recall a few of the 27" iMacs when they were first released in May out of the box FaceTime was not working right, it was preference issue with the app itself, reinstalling it or moving some around fixed it and further software updates resolved it.

but if its hardware id definitely have it swapped.

6. paxxxor thread starter macrumors newbie

paxxxor

I have reset PRAM once after the issue occurred I'm sure, and once again just now after your advice. No luck.

Thanks.