Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MadMitch89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Just noticed that iMac shipping dates have slipped on the online australian store. Stock iMacs are usually immediate shipping, but are showing as 1-2 days on the website tonight. Macbook Pros also seem to show slipping dates for shipping. Could be a sign of an impending update for both lines.

rvinther

macrumors member
Jul 14, 2009
Denmark
Fingers x-ed

Lets hope it is not just a fluke, but the beginning of a launch in just a few weeks.

Theres lots of people waiting for the new redesigned :apple:iMac:)

DanPosMaytee

macrumors newbie
Mar 17, 2012
Preston, England.
UK Stores Shipping Dates Have Now Slipped.

After seeing this thread early today about shipping dates slipping in Australia, I checked UK, US, CA and ES but they were all fine, bearing in mind Australia is quite far ahead time wise. I have just checked the UK store and it has slipped now to "2 Business Days" for a dispatch time.

Checking US and Canada they are still "In Stock"

Just checked Spanish one and they are the same, so I am guessing European dates have now slipped. I reckon by tomorrow US and CA will have slipped to.

Refresh is getting closer, I can feel it.

SpecAU

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2012
I can confirm, As another Aussie, that on my iPhone the shipping date for a 21.5" i7 with a bigger HDD option has blown out to 5 business days.

So we have about a 1-2 day delay, To burst a bubble, Maybe they are factoring in some Easter holiday delays?

Just in case for the haters :p

IMG_1095.png

Also long time lurker first time poster.

B

Fresh Tendrils

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
I think you guys may be jumping the gun here. Shipping dates on iMacs, MBPs, MBA's, and mac minis are all 1-2 days in the Aussie, NZ and UK stores. Seriously doubt their updating all those lines at once. Probably just some disruption in the shipping, or like someone said Easter. Maybe the planes have been so busy trying to get iPads to these countries that they have had to cancel a few planeloads of other goods, thereby creating a few days delay?

antman2x2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
New YAWK
The desperateness in this thread is great.

You guys are looking for ANYTHING to get hyped that the new iMac is coming out.

Relax.

itsamacthing

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2011
Bangkok
Thailand, Hong Kong, and Singapore

Over here, where we are "around the corner" from where the iMac baby factory is.... Thailand is 1-2 days on all models, Singapore the same, but HK is still showing stock which makes sense. HK is a much more robust economy and will have more stock whereas Singapore and Thailand will have less in general demand.

Guess we will see if this is just for fun or the real thing, if the US slips...then we know its time to get our money ready. Just hope they roll out a power iMac from hell. I'd buy it :)

64GB of Ram
512 SSD
3TB mechanical drive
Thunderbolt
USB3
27-30 inch screen
6 core CPU (is there a 6 core ivy bridge option?)

----------

Relax.

YO! who you tellin to relax buddy? hahaha

MadMitch89

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2010
Brisbane, Australia

Relax.

What's wrong with pointing out some obvious facts that shipping dates are slipping for the current model and Amazon is showing only 20 left of one model and 1 left for the base 15" MBP. Supply constraints are suggestive of either an easter disruption or an impending update. I'm just about to buy a new MPB for work and I'd like to wait and see the update before making a decision. Also, why do people complain about people discussing potential rumours on a forum called macrumors? Isn't that why we are here?

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
As Apple always have more stock than the supply chain I would have thought we would learn more from Amazon, Best Buy etc. When they run out we know its going to be soon. I have some time off over Easter and would love to have a reason to take my cash to the Apple store! Wishful thinking me thinks though. What we can be sure of is if they are about to release the form factor and size will be exactly the same as I haven't seen one picture of new iMac components,

DomarackiA

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2012
Australia
Yeah, I'm excited about a new iMac. My current 27" is 2 1/2 years old and its still fine, but I my upgrade plan is every 3 years more or less, so its time!

Kafka

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2011
The funny thing is that it says "2 business days" for the whole mac line-up, Air and Mini included. In France at least!

All Taken

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
UK
Same in the UK across the range, judging by the 'general' availability of Ivy Chips this doesn't make sense from a refresh perspective. It's too soon....

asimmd

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2012
UK
I noticed on the John Lewis site that iMacs are being offerred with a free 3 year warranty.

Nothing wrong with that except it say's that the offer expires on April 16!!!

I hope they offer the same thing on the new iMacs.

Alan

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I noticed on the John Lewis site that iMacs are being offerred with a free 3 year warranty.

Nothing wrong with that except it say's that the offer expires on April 16!!!

I hope they offer the same thing on the new iMacs.

Alan

Is this the same warranty as apple care or just hardware warranty with no telephone support?

nsilva

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2008
RI
Just hope they roll out a power iMac from hell. I'd buy it :)

64GB of Ram
512 SSD
3TB mechanical drive
Thunderbolt
USB3
27-30 inch screen
6 core CPU (is there a 6 core ivy bridge option?)

The more and more I read macrumors, the more and more I get annoyed by the average Mac user. You guys expect way too much from an iMac. That's not what it's for. Go buy a Mac Pro.

All Taken

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2009
UK
The more and more I read macrumors, the more and more I get annoyed by the average Mac user. You guys expect way too much from an iMac. That's not what it's for. Go buy a Mac Pro.

I have to say that the main view held by Mac Pro and iMac owners is that the iMac is becoming vastly more Mac Pro like in terms of power. Of course it is not expandable and is not designed to be but the spec the gentleman mentioned above is not far from reality, with the new Ivy Bridge chips we could see memory support of 64GB through the 27" range of CPU options.

Personally I love having an all in one solution that is a powerhouse, having everything self contained makes upgrading more difficult but its fantastic to have the choice.

I'll give it until tomorrow evening and macrumors will run the story on the extended shipping times across the range. Mac Pro excluded as this was extended some time ago.

Back on topic and as said earlier it's too soon for a refresh across the range, i'm sure, as Ivy Bridge is not shipping yet and even with early access to the chips could Apple seriously secure the units to ship the whole Mac range excluding the Air presumably?

Bear

macrumors G3
Jul 23, 2002
Sol III - Terra
I'll give it until tomorrow evening and macrumors will run the story on the extended shipping times across the range. Mac Pro excluded as this was extended some time ago.
The US Apple Store is still reporting same day shipments for standard configuration iMacs and the usual 1-3 day delivery for custom orders.

This makes it tough to call what is really heppening.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
Yes, I saw this last night and went and had a looks only to see the ENTIRE range has now slipped shipping dates!! :eek:
So I haven't a clue as to why and I have only ever known Apple to update it's laptop range or desktop range all at once, not every computer across the board updated all at once.
But you never know with Apple.... I would imagine they would have a press event though if they did something like that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.