iMac Shipping delays AGAIN!!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Dr.Buzz, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Dr.Buzz macrumors member

I know about the keyboard and the monitor perspiration issues.... Are these the only reasons my iMac 24" order has now been delayed for a month??? The ship date moves back two weeks every time.

Anyone have a finger on this pulse? Anyone else having this problem??:confused:

2. oduinnin macrumors regular

3. gvg45 macrumors member

Seems odd that you keep getting delayed. The :apple: website shows shipping from 1-3 days unless you choose the wireless KB. I would call them first thing Monday and see if you can get something kicked back. I know they delayed my shipping for a week, so I called them and they kicked me back something.

4. Dr.Buzz thread starter macrumors member

Expercom. Strangely, another 20" inch we ordered for the office arrived within the regular time through them. All the 24" are delayed.

5. Kinetic macrumors member

I don't know about the keyboard (I ordered the wired one) on the 22nd and got it early last week. As for the perspiration issues, I'm relieved that I haven't had any issues at all. It doesn't make sense why yours keeps getting delayed. I even customized to a bigger hard drive. Good luck!

6. joebells macrumors 6502

7. oduinnin macrumors regular

Well, I ordered one through an authorized reseller in Oregon named MacPac. In the past they have been very good to me. However, they are still waiting for 24" iMacs ordered all the way back to Aug. 8th when I ordered one from them. I canceled on the 28th and ordered one from Apple late at night on the 28th. Got on Sep 6th! :)

Me thinks Apple supplies their own purchasers ahead of others. :mad:

BTW, this is a very sweet machine. :cool:

8. Dr.Buzz thread starter macrumors member

There it is... you got it thanks

OIC. So that confirms it then. We went with a third party reseller who was giving us all the upgrades 4G RAM, 500G drive but for 700 bucks off apples price. They are a good reseller, but that means resellers on both coasts are getting screwed right now and thus.... yes I can say it... I am also being screwed. If this thing is worth this much anticipation, I'm going to be very happy. Sigh....:rolleyes:

9. mrsollars macrumors regular

can't find anything about ''monitor perspiration'' issues.

what were you talking about??

matt

10. Cybergypsy macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

11. joebells macrumors 6502

I still really hope to find out what this monitor perspiration is?

12. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

my computer will sweat? wtf

13. joebells macrumors 6502

Yeah that is what we are trying to figure out? The OP's comment is the first time I have heard of it.

14. rainydays macrumors 6502a

Might perhaps be the "condensation issue" some people have reported. Where you see yellow spots on the screen which will disappear after a while.
    I doubt that would result in any shipping delays though.

15. joebells macrumors 6502

Hmm haven't heard of these yellow spots that go away after a while either(have heard of the yellow tint in the middle part of the screen). I'll have to look them up. Thanks for the reply.

16. rainydays macrumors 6502a

Nah, don't do that. You will just start worrying, and it's nothing to worry about really :)

17. cyantist macrumors newbie

Ordered my CTO 2.8 on Sept 8th, shipped on Sept 11th.. Along with my 160gb iPod classic..