Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

remer11

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2007
Longest delivery time ever?

I ordered a BTO iMac 24 inch, 2,8gHz, 1TB, on 13th of august through a reseller. No sign of it yet. Who can beat that?

Bolteh

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
It seems like Apple is giving their resellers a very hard time when it comes to the 24" 2.GHz model. I ordered one in the last week of August, near the end of September I still didn't receive it, I then checked with the reseller and they stated that they couldn't deliver untill -at least- the end of October. I canceled my order and ordered from Apple.com. Received it 10 days later (yesterday).

Maxime

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2007
Montréal
:cool:

Resized from 1680x1050:
desktopmacmini2.png

Rookie1986

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
Still waiting on mine, was ordered back on the 13th of September and the sales assistant told me to expect it in 3-5 days, were now going to be looking at a month of waiting, the worst part is its only a stock iMac that I could have picked up from somewhere like PcWorld or John Lewis, I guess the waiting time is to make up for the £££’s I saved with student discount,

gab3x

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2007
Oxford, UK
Yet another grump, question and some good news...

As much as I am glad to have found this forum today it depresses me to hear that Apple will most certainly make my wait for my first Mac one of an epic lenght.

I ordered my iMac 24" 2.4Ghz (320HD) and iPod Claassic on 5th of October. It shipped on 12th and today is 17th and I have been told by Apple that the iPod is in UK but that the iMac is in Czech Republic.

Has anyone gone though that step and if so how long do you estimate before I get UPS knocking on my door? :confused:

To finish off on a positive note - I have asked Apple whether I am due a free upgrade to Leopard and they said YES but that it could have also been installed on the machine already (they cannot tell). So all of us that ordered machines in October will only have to pay P&P for Leopard. Hurrah! :)

Cheers, IGN

Locker

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2007
Staffordshire, UK
Ordered my first mac today, along with an iPod Nano (for my uncle)! I've gone for a 2.8Ghz 24" iMac with 500GB HDD and 1GB RAM (so it's the 2.4Ghz model upgraded).

Expected Ship Date: 23rd October
Expected Del Date: 31st October - 1st November

teiresias

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2007
Ordered my first mac today, along with an iPod Nano (for my uncle)! I've gone for a 2.8Ghz 24" iMac with 500GB HDD and 1GB RAM (so it's the 2.4Ghz model upgraded).

Expected Ship Date: 23rd October
Expected Del Date: 31st October - 1st November

Weird ship and delivery dates, at least relative to the order I put in last night rather late. Then again, I suppose it might have to do with your BTO iMac being a bit more BTO then mine, which is a regular 2.4GHz 24" with only the HDD upgraded to 500GB.

Expected Ship: Oct. 17 -19
Expected Delivery: Oct 19 - 25

ozfried2693

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2007
Ship date
Jan 24, 2008
Estimated delivery
Jan 31, 2008

and its not customized isnt that a long wait time?
and for some reason under details it says

Next scheduled tracking update: Jan 27, 2008
does anyone know what this is?

gazfocus

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2008
Liverpool, UK
Ship date
Jan 24, 2008
Estimated delivery
Jan 31, 2008

and its not customized isnt that a long wait time?
and for some reason under details it says

That's only a week! Not that long

Next scheduled tracking update: Jan 27, 2008
does anyone know what this is?

I'm guessing Apple will update the tracking details on Jan 27th with a tracking number from the courier or something like that (although, Jan 27th is a Sunday)..hmmmm

Still think a week is a reasonable time.

ozfried2693

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2007
That's only a week! Not that long

I'm guessing Apple will update the tracking details on Jan 27th with a tracking number from the courier or something like that (although, Jan 27th is a Sunday)..hmmmm

Still think a week is a reasonable time.

do you know if fedex would deliver my imac over the weekend? and since it says "Next scheduled tracking update: Jan 27, 2008" would it be possible for it to come today? or no. thanks for ur replies!

gazfocus

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2008
Liverpool, UK
do you know if fedex would deliver my imac over the weekend? and since it says "Next scheduled tracking update: Jan 27, 2008" would it be possible for it to come today? or no. thanks for ur replies!

Not sure to be honest. However, when I placed my most recent order(was only software), I received an invoice in my email on the day it was shipped. Have you had an invoice?

ozfried2693

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2007
Not sure to be honest. However, when I placed my most recent order(was only software), I received an invoice in my email on the day it was shipped. Have you had an invoice?

yeah apple sent me an email saying that the item shipped a few days ago

ozfried2693

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2007
Therefore it should either be delivered today (Saturday) or Monday. It's VERY rare for couriers to deliver on a Sunday.

Let us know when you get it :)

great :D, even though yesterday the shipping status was departing san francisco, CA. and im in florida right now?

ozfried2693

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2007
Don't know. I'm in UK so don't know my georgraphy :p

In the UK, the delivery is next day and my software came from Ireland to my house within 24 hours.

no this is horrible!
i called apple and they said that my imac is stuck in california and not moving until monday!!!!
so there is no chance i can get it before the 31st :( how will i be able to wait!!!!:mad:

bobr1952

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2008
Melbourne, FL
I was surprised that FedEx does make home deliveries on Saturday. That comment about next update is from FedEx. I ordered my iMac on 18 Jan, it shipped on 21 Jan, and the FedEx tracker gave pretty good progress along the way. Estimated delivery was Today, 26 Jan--and sure enough it showed up about 9AM!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.