iMac - Should I wait until September?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ThatOne, Aug 27, 2008.

  1. ThatOne macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    #1
    Ok.
    I'm looking at buying the top of the range iMac 24" with 1TB drive and 4GB RAM.
    I've put this purchase off for one reason or another for 8 months now so another 1 month wait won't hurt.

    However, should I wait? My gut says no and buy it now.
     
  2. tri3limited macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2008
    Location:
    London
    #2
    I brought now... Should arrive Friday/Monday.

    Next update most likely in January, so why wait for something that may be as small as a speed increase (or as big as quad-core & blu-ray - not going to happen anytime soon!)

    I'm pretty sure the current iMac will suit your needs perfectly.
     
  3. tri3limited macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2008
    Location:
    London
    #4
    WAIT! - I forgot to say don't buy your RAM from Apple as it's expensive as hell! Try Corsair or similar and install it yourself... It's dead easy and there are loads of vids on youtube!
     

Share This Page