Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
I have an iMac 2007 alu model. Recently updated to ML. Everything is up to date.

When my iMac comes out of sleep, the screen is all white, if I move my mouse about it "colours" in/reveals the screen. I then struggle to click on the user, log in and it's ok. Any ideas please?

Cheers

nufanec

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2005
This happens if your display sleep time is set to be less than the automatic log out time.

Go to Security in System Preferences, then unlock the panel. Click on the advanced button and change the "Log out after XX minutes of inactivity" to off or a value that is less than your display sleep time.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
This happens if your display sleep time is set to be less than the automatic log out time.

Go to Security in System Preferences, then unlock the panel. Click on the advanced button and change the "Log out after XX minutes of inactivity" to off or a value that is less than your display sleep time.

Thanks for advice, but my display sleep is always set to default to 10 mins, whereas although I had l"log out after xx mins" it was set to 45 mins...

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
Thanks for advice, but my display sleep is always set to default to 10 mins, whereas although I had l"log out after xx mins" it was set to 45 mins...

The logout time has to be less than the display sleep time. Did you change the logout time to less than 10 minutes? Did that not solve the problem?

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Sorry I read it the wrong way round. So log out has to be less than display sleep, ok I'll try that thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.