iMac skins anyone?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by macman34, Apr 13, 2013.

1. macman34 macrumors regular

I 've not been able to find but one website offering them. Any suggestions? Ideally I 'd like to skin the whole front, bezel included, and the back.

2. All Taken macrumors 6502a

Tiny market perhaps? I see the iMac as a desktop and don't need a layer of plastic to protect it, each to their own.

3. ppcg4mac macrumors 6502

ppcg4mac

Try http://www.**********.net/pages/computers

s t i c k e r b o y is the *s IDK why it does that.

4. macman34 thread starter macrumors regular

thanks man, I 'll check these guys out.

I am aware it's a niche market, I didn't expect to find a lot of options, but at least a couple I would have. The reason I am after it is that I am working in a large office with lots of very industrial looking inconspicuous windoze pcs and I wouldn't want the imac to stand out that much. I 'd rather dress it up. Great looks are not always an asset, what can you do. :eek:

5. Apple fanboy macrumors P6

Apple fanboy

It's hard to improve on (apples) perfection. I like the naked look (and on my iMac!)

6. macman34 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, that's my point, I am not trying to improve on it, I am trying to devalue it aesthetically to the point of going relatively unnoticed in a place infested with windows pcs. :eek:

7. Silvereel macrumors 6502

Why don't you want to show it off? Unless you're worried about someone trying to steal it, I'd be proud to own a Mac! And if you are worried about someone stealing it, sounds like a nice office you work in ;)

8. macman34 thread starter macrumors regular

I just don't like to attract envy man, that's all. It's not about having it stolen, there are security cameras everywhere. I sure am proud of my mac, not so sure I can handle ill sentiment, oh look he's making more than we do, we get by with whatever the company affords us and he's shoving his new mac on our faces, that kind of thing. :) I wish I could make do with a run of the mill windows pc instead for work, and I 'd have bought one instead, problem is that my extensive market research validated my hunch, that there's this slight problem with windows all in ones, in that they are all rather **** to be honest. :cool: Eg. not a single one of them has laminated the screen to the glass and now that they've gone all touchy feely with windows 8 they are all reflective nightmares with glass on top. To be fair some of them have pretty nice expandability options and desktop class components that apple hasn't got, but these go wasted on said reflective screens and windows 8.