iMac sleeps during download

Discussion in 'iMac' started by dmps, Mar 25, 2013.

1. dmps, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2013

dmps macrumors member

I find that tithe iMac 2011 goes to sleep when downloading OS X 10.8.3.

Presently running the 10.8.3.

Any idea what the problem?

Should I complain to apple care?

Thanks

2. simsaladimbamba

Why do you download OS X 10.8.3 when you already run it? And where do you download it from?

Have you looked at System Preferences > Energy Saver and set the sleep time to Never Sleep yet?

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

PS: Will you reply this time?

3. dmps thread starter macrumors member

I think the iMac should detect that the download is going on from AppStore Anand should not go to sleep.

This problem was not there with older versions of osx

4. simsaladimbamba

Are you sure it goes to sleep and just not shuts off the display?

You could try Caffeine for letting it download without going to sleep or that Energy Saver thing I spoke of earlier.

As I do not run OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, I cannot say if it is a bug or not, but most likely it is one.

PS: It is called "OS X", not "sox", as you did that mistake again in your duplicate thread about the same issue.

5. dmps thread starter macrumors member

I am sure it sleeps because now I can not wake up the iMac from mouse , trackpad or the keyboard.

It has to done through power button only.

6. simsaladimbamba

Strange though, as a sleeping Mac can be awakened by a keyboard or mouse or trackpad, unless they are all Bluetooth devices and waking via Bluetooth devices has been disabled via System Preferences > Bluetooth > Advanced.