iMac Still Running Slow.

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Mr. Incredible, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Mr. Incredible, Sep 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2011

Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

I think I know what the problem is, but I just need someone to confirm it for me.

So, I installed 8GB of RAM about 2-3 weeks ago (total of 12GB RAM now), and it still runs slow. I couldn't figure out what it was, til I realized it was from way too much CPU usage.

Yesterday, my iMac was running slow again, and I checked my iStat Pro widget, and this is what I saw:

[​IMG]

^Using 70% of my CPU and in the Processes section, the PluginProcess was at 158%!!

I couldn't figure out what Plugin Process is, until I landed on my Safari Preferences.

Under the Security Tab, in the Web Content section, there are 4 options Checked. I unchecked one of them last night: Enable Plug-Ins.

Is that what was slowing my computer down? Safari enabling plug ins was the problem?

So, I unchecked that option last night, and as I'm using my computer, I haven't noticed it slowing down or anything.

Someone did mention that it's from Safari and using Flash, and it's best for me to use a different Web Browser.

Any thoughts on this, or on what you think the problem could be?

Thanks in advance!

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You can try figuring out the buggy plug-in by enabling them one by one and looking when the CPU usage goes up.