Imac, stuck pixel. 2nd time!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by FelicityCM, May 16, 2008.

1. FelicityCM macrumors newbie

So here is a little diddy I call stuck pixels. I was overjoyed when I bought my imac (os x 2.4ghz if its useful) about a week after purchasing it and having used it lovingly i find 2 stuck pixels, tried unsticking them and it didn't work. Called apple that replaced it for me considering it a DOA situation. Now with my replaced one working fine for the past 3 or so weeks...today I find another stuck pixel it's not in an obnoxious location and at first I thought it may be dust so I wipe my screen with the cloth and it doesnt disappear. I restart hoping desperately it may unstick it, no such luck. What do i do? Call and get another new one...or do I just live with it and try not to look at it and get over it? Please I need advice in my current state of depression.

2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

If it took you three weeks to find it, then it isn't too bad.

You can always try again, but you might get more stuck pixels than you have now in a very noticeable place -- then Apple may refuse to replace it. Or, it may be perfect.

No telling.

3. FelicityCM thread starter macrumors newbie

just an update i started running pixel fix widget and on further inspection looked from a diff angle and unlike the previous pixels i had when i looked at it from the side it looks as though its on the surface of the screen and not in it if that makes sense. Like i can look behind it if that makes any more sense...don't know if that changes the situation.