Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Flash

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2007
Take a good look at the receipts (showing $300 off on the two iMacs and indicating exchange and refund through Apple GC) and stop accusing people of lying and cheating.

One says Individual Educator discount and the other is Education Institution.

Regardless, you're only entitled one education discount desktop per academic year.

ben.mcmahan

macrumors member
May 6, 2008
careful all about calling someone a liar. My brother went to the apple store to buy his iMac with edu discount, and when he got there, they had another $100 off as an in-store edu promo ($100 less than the online price for edu). needless to say, he was stoked.

JML42691

macrumors 68020
Oct 24, 2007
This is somewhat surprising, but Apple is a business, and does have a reason for doing what they do, they must view the discounts as equal. :confused:

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
One says Individual Educator discount and the other is Education Institution.

Regardless, you're only entitled one education discount desktop per academic year.

What are you trying to imply? Both have the same amount and YES I used it only once taking into account that two of the three iMacs were replacements.

ihabime

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
In this post,
Here is why I am asking. I can get the iMac from the retail Apple store for $300 off using my student discount compared to $200 on the online education store. It does not make any sense but this is what is going on :confused:
you yourself point out that the 200/300 dollar discount is odd, but obviously you didn't complain that they were charging you less, now when Apple does charge the correct discount you claim they're ripping you off.

Lets backtrack a bit here, from your posting history I see that you originally bought the then top of the line 2.8ghz iMac. Later when the 3.06ghz came out, even though it had been several weeks, you whined until Apple was gracious enough to let you exchange your 2.8 for a 3.06. Later still, When the free Ipod deal was announced, you decided that you deserved that too. You returned another perfectly good iMac for store credit and waited till you could get the new back to school deal and when you did, that 'special' discount you'd gotten weeks earlier no longer applied.
And somehow you think you're the one getting ripped off?
That sir is the definition of "ignorants"

The standard discount hasn't changed, you got some kind of 'special' deal and YOU screwed it up by being greedy and returning it over and over.

Stop being ignorants and use your minds for once. This is is my third iMac in two months because it is my second replacement, so I used my discount toward one machine.

$300 off was at my local Apple retail store last Monday.
$200 off was at the online/campus education store till last Monday.

I have my old receipts showing $300 off but the manager at the store did not want to help and he asked me to write to Mr. Jobs which I have already done.

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
In this post,

you yourself point out that the 200/300 dollar discount is odd, but obviously you didn't complain that they were charging you less, now when Apple does charge the correct discount you claim they're ripping you off.

Lets backtrack a bit here, from your posting history I see that you originally bought the then top of the line 2.8ghz iMac. Later when the 3.06ghz came out, even though it had been several weeks, you whined until Apple was gracious enough to let you exchange your 2.8 for a 3.06. Later still, When the free Ipod deal was announced, you decided that you deserved that too. You returned another perfectly good iMac for store credit and waited till you could get the new back to school deal and when you did, that 'special' discount you'd gotten weeks earlier no longer applied.
And somehow you think you're the one getting ripped off?
That sir is the definition of "ignorants"

The standard discount hasn't changed, you got some kind of 'special' deal and YOU screwed it up by being greedy and returning it over and over.

Hahahahahha I am laughing at how stupid you are and of what you are accusing me of doing ... so I would return a perfect iMac to get a "free iPod" that I do not need :eek: You are the cheapest a$$ I have ever seen.

As for the $200/$300 difference, I already talked to both retail and online stores about it when I got my first machine and I even mentioned that in one of my previous threads but you are stupid enough to go ahead and makeup your own story.

However, people like you are what making the rest of the world enjoy life by laughing at you so keep doing it ;)

godmachine12

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2006
I understand your point here regardless of whether or not you are supposed to be buying more than one desktop or not. It looks like they have dropped the education discounts quite a bit. When I bought my PowerBook over four years ago I received a $300 discount. Now it looks like it's $200 across the board. Yeah, that sucks, but the prices have also come down as well. I know I would like to receive more of a discount, but sadly it isn't that way. It's Apple's business to run and they can price however they choose. Be glad you got any discount at all is what I say. Plead your case all you want, but with their sales numbers going out the roof, I don't think they are going to care. Enjoy your machine though. They are quite nice!

iPhil

macrumors 68040

Attachments

• Picture 9.png
    Picture 9.png
    4.3 KB · Views: 291

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
I understand your point here regardless of whether or not you are supposed to be buying more than one desktop or not. It looks like they have dropped the education discounts quite a bit. When I bought my PowerBook over four years ago I received a $300 discount. Now it looks like it's $200 across the board. Yeah, that sucks, but the prices have also come down as well. I know I would like to receive more of a discount, but sadly it isn't that way. It's Apple's business to run and they can price however they choose. Be glad you got any discount at all is what I say. Plead your case all you want, but with their sales numbers going out the roof, I don't think they are going to care. Enjoy your machine though. They are quite nice!

Thank you .. their machines are great and I only got one machine so I did not abuse the student discount. However, I was just wondering why they only reduced the iMac's discount and kept the same $100-$200 on the other Macs?

ihabime

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
Hahahahahha I am laughing at how stupid you are and of what you are accusing me of doing ... so I would return a perfect iMac to get a "free iPod" that I do not need :eek: You are the cheapest a$$ I have ever seen.

You seem pretty quick to call people names, but again you might want to read through the dreck that is your own posting history.

april 24th
BTW, I just got a new iMac two weeks ago. I think Apple has a 30-day price guarantee so I get to choose either some money back or the newer model for free, right?

Okay, I just got off the phone with my local Apple retail store and I was told that if anything comes up they will give me a new machine.

Note: I got mine April 3rd :rolleyes:

april 28th
I just replaced my old 2.4" 2.8 GHz C2D Extreme iMac with the new 3.06 GHz model ... it is soooooooo cooool and waaaaay better

april 29th
Actually, for some reason, my store in Denver said that they do not have them but I called few minutes later and I was able to go to the store and replace my 2.8 with a 3.06 :cool:

may 31st
I have been through 5 Macs this year and I have zero of those now :cool: I am thinking of getting both top of the line iMac along with a 1.6 MBA but I am not sure if it would be better than getting a MBP with a 23" ACD.

june 8th
I just got a new 3.06 24" iMac today and its serial number is QP :) I think it is made in USA (CTO) even though I got it from the retail Apple store. This is my third iMac in two months (2nd replacement) and it is FANTASTIC :eek: The screen is wonderful and has no problems compared to the previous two.

I am getting replacements but I waited for around a week on my last replacement to get the "free iPOd" offer so they gave me a refund through an Apple gift card which I used yesterday.

These are all your words, so show me where I'm wrong.

btw, if you had been a little clearer in your OP and less hostile you wouldn't have gotten so many negative replies.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
Not to add more to this fire, but...

owned.jpg

That is exactly what you did to yourself. I deem this thread be locked as it isn't going anywhere fast. This thread is turning into a fire, flaming away.

I hate to be rude and mean, but what you did with them, you don't deserve a discount. All the boxes you opened and taped back up, all the refunds, it's people like you who drive prices up!

Get one machine and be happy with it. Get a new one in a year or two. You got a discount, be freaking grateful that they let you trade in ur Mac and be grateful they gave you another discount. If they didn't want to give you the latest one, good for them, I am behind them 100 percent!

EDIT : If you want more clarification, read my sig. Fate falls for the calling, or in other terms, what goes around comes around, and you get what you had coming to you.

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
I did not say that the 5 Macs were from the Apple store did I?

I only used my student discount toward my iMac this year and MBP last year so what more to say? Who the hell are you to judge whether someone used his discount once or even twice in a year?

I posted this asking why Apple changed their student discount on the iMacs and not on all the Macs which would have made more sense, but if you are an idiot and still wanna be one then you are free to be along with your Taz friend (kids of the century LOL)

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Not to add more to this fire, but...

owned.jpg

That is exactly what you did to yourself. I deem this thread be locked as it isn't going anywhere fast. This thread is turning into a fire, flaming away.

I hate to be rude and mean, but what you did with them, you don't deserve a discount. All the boxes you opened and taped back up, all the refunds, it's people like you who drive prices up!

Get one machine and be happy with it. Get a new one in a year or two. You got a discount, be freaking grateful that they let you trade in ur Mac and be grateful they gave you another discount. If they didn't want to give you the latest one, good for them, I am behind them 100 percent!

EDIT : If you want more clarification, read my sig. Fate falls for the calling, or in other terms, what goes around comes around, and you get what you had coming to you.

What boxes are you talking about? I sold my machines and only returned two low quality iMacs. Shall I keep a machine that does not stand to its standards?

Grow up and try to use something better than Taz in MR plz!

rpaloalto

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2005
Palo Alto CA.
Macumors Is getting out of control, with all these young whippersnappers.
I don't like to see these threads, get out of control like this. It scares me.:D

Just to let the op know. It does sound like you, did get one over on Apple.
Sorry but thats what it sound like, to me.

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
I don't like to see these threads, get out of control like this. It scares me.:D

Okay, lets lock this thread!

ihabime

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005

I agree, but I just couldn't resist feeding this guy his own words when he started calling people 'ignorants' for disagreeing with him.
I promise this will be my last post on this subject, but just one more thing...

What boxes are you talking about? I sold my machines and only returned two low quality iMacs. Shall I keep a machine that does not stand to its standards?

Now you're claiming they were defective? That's odd because you clearly state that you returned the 2.8 because you wanted a newer 3.06. And about the returns, are you sure there were only 2?

I had the same kind of noise on my first MBA coming from under the arrow keys. I had it replaced, but the second one had a faulty mouse button and it was hotter than my 17" SR 2.4 MBP :eek: I returned both and got a refund :eek: but I am planning to get one this week but I am afraid of facing the same issues :mad:

OK, I quit now, this is to damn easy, I don't think this guy even reads his own posts :p

harcosparky

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
Hey GUESS WHAT ?????

Apple is the company, they develop, manufacture and distribute the Apple Products.

They OWN the Apple Stores.

They OWN the Education Discount Program.

They can change the terms of the program at ANY TIME.

Do you understand that ????????

It's like GM / Ford / Chrysler et. al. changing rebates throughout the model year.

Given your inability to make up your mind as evidence by the history or returns/exchanges if I was Apple I'd ban you from buying in my stores!!! :eek::p;):D

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
Hey GUESS WHAT ?????

Apple is the company, they develop, manufacture and distribute the Apple Products.

They OWN the Apple Stores.

They OWN the Education Discount Program.

They can change the terms of the program at ANY TIME.

Do you understand that ????????

It's like GM / Ford / Chrysler et. al. changing rebates throughout the model year.

Given your inability to make up your mind as evidence by the history or returns/exchanges if I was Apple I'd ban you from buying in my stores!!! :eek::p;):D

No I do not!

ihabime

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
Threatening people in PMs

I know I promised not to return to this thread, but I just got a threatening PM from mhnajjar telling me to **** off and not say anything more. Apparently, he feels it's inappropriate for anyone to criticize him.

It is possible to have a civilized conversation without juvenile name calling and threats. Before calling someone immature or 'ignorants' you should check your own record. I've reported you to the Mods and I encourage anyone else he's insulted or threatened to do the same.

mhnajjar

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 3, 2008
I know I promised not to return to this thread, but I just got a threatening PM from mhnajjar telling me to **** off and not say anything more. Apparently, he feels it's inappropriate for anyone to criticize him.

It is possible to have a civilized conversation without juvenile name calling and threats. Before calling someone immature or 'ignorants' you should check your own record. I've reported you to the Mods and I encourage anyone else he's insulted or threatened to do the same.

Dude, what are you afraid of? Why don't you grow up and stick to your words and not post anything else. I really wish that this thread gets locked so I do not see your name and your useless posts anymore.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
This thread was ok as it started off, but you started calling anyone who opposed your view names, and this is the internet, and people aren't afraid to fight back. Although I don't agree on calling people names, especially on such a small issue, you seem to make it worthwhile.

So you said you only returned 2 machines, because they were of lower quality, and how do you deem their quality? I can see you have been through five macs this year, I'm assuming all of those are returns because none of them were good enough for you.

You have an impulse buying problem (I know he is going to nail me for this one, but it's true). You go out there, you buy the new iMac and then after a week, you regret your purchase and try to come up with ANY excuse to return it. Whether that means upgrading or breaking a key on the keyboard (although I am no directly accusing you of such, it's just an example).

It is clear to everyone that you did not double your rebates, when you return a machine, you won't get another rebate, we are all on the same page as you on this one.

You can complain about them lowering the rebate, but it seems like you have gotten one already and you are lucky you got it before they lowered the price. That is a unique way of thinking about it isn't it, you got lucky you got it before the rebate value went down.

Like mentioned above, you can question Apple's moves but they make each move they make for a reason. Chiming back to the old iPod Touch release debacle, man what a mess that was! I complained, I was on fire, but you live, you move on!

Apple didn't give you your full rebate but they didn't sign any contract of having to do so. You can take your query into the Apple store, but chances are they may not be able to do any more for you than what they already told you.

I agree this thread should be locked, it has turned into a Flame War. And while I do agree the OP is out of line with what he does (not a lot of us like how you go through so many Macs, especially at Apple's expense), I don't think his performance in here is a ground for being Banned, although the threat he made was out of line! This isn't any of our business and it's up to the Mods and the one who got threatened to deal with it.

And that is my ten cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.