iMac Student Discount

Discussion in 'iMac' started by madman555, Feb 25, 2009.

1. madman555 macrumors member

I just checked this morning and my school (University of California, Irvine) has the 24" iMac for $1549!

20" 2.4Ghz for $999 and 20" 2.66Ghz for $1249.

I've been holding out for the new iMac but that's a pretty damn good price. I currently have a PC and was going to get a mac to develop some iPhone apps. I know that the current iMac is perfectly fine for what I'm planning on doing, I just don't want to pay for something that's ten months old. Plus I like new stuff. What should I do?!

Oh, just called them, Apple Care is on sale for $99.

2. roski11 macrumors regular

So just making iphone apps ??

If thats it then it should work fine.

3. madman555 thread starter macrumors member

Well my brother just bought a MacBook Pro and I was playing around with it and I could see myself replacing my PC with an iMac full time.

It just seems like a really good price to pass up.

4. jordan eff macrumors regular

student discount is brilliant

i just got my 24inch imac on sunday and got £124 off and get apple care for £96 i think it is

5. stormin-nc macrumors newbie

It's an ok deal for a new iMac. You can get a 24" iMac refurb normally for that price, with the 1yr warranty included.

6. madman555 thread starter macrumors member

Any risks buying a refurb? Why don't more people get them?

7. dborja macrumors 6502a

No risk in refurbs. Whatever's broken is fixed, goes through extensive testing, casing is replaced if not pristine, full 1yr warranty and 90 day phone support just like the new units, packaged with everything a new unit normally comes with...

What you give up is that you're not getting the bleeding edge models unless you wait about 4-6 months after they come out.

Can you tell that I like refurbs? ;)

8. harry454 macrumors 6502

9. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Referbs are a great way to get a computer that has no problems at a lower cost. Period.

10. QwertyPants macrumors newbie

refurbs ftw

yea refurbs are awesome, it's like going to the supermarket and asking for cold cut ends(hopefully someone knows what i'm talking about) instead of having the employees cut the slices for you:p