iMac Sync

Discussion in 'iMac' started by vernod, May 10, 2012.

1. vernod macrumors newbie

Hi,

Not sure this is the right forum, but would appreciate some help.

I have an iphone 4s and an iMac. I currently sync my google calendar to my iphone via exchange and to my iMac via CalDAV. I sync my google contacts to my iphone via iTunes and to my iMac via the sync tool inbuilt in Address Book (I do this because I like to reorganize the contacts into the correct groups in Address Book before it syncs to my iPhone).

The problem I'm having is that while the calendar syncs fine between google and my iphone, it doesn't sync well between google and my iMac. If I delete/modify entries in google calendar, some of the changes/deletions get reflected in iMac, but some don't. Am I missing something here? Is there a better way to do all this?

2. Crazy82 macrumors member

If you use both iMac and iPhone why don't you just change to iCloude witch is free and made to sync beetween Apple products. That what I would do!:)

3. vernod thread starter macrumors newbie

4. robgendreau macrumors 68030

I can't say I know exactly why this is happening but why not just use either Exchange or CalDav? And what system are you using, and which clients?

Rob

5. vernod thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem is happening with caldav. I tried using exchange, but it keeps giving me a server error saying that it cannot connect to the server.

6. Crazy82 macrumors member

Not my concern but why you need google, dosen't iCloud have eveything you need?:):apple:

7. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

Check out Spanning Sync. You gotta pay for it but it works great. I used to use it to sync my Mac with the Google universe. I was then able to sync my Android phone or Palm Pre with Google and everything worked great through the cloud.

With my iPhone I don't have to mess with Google, but I'm pretty sure iOS can sync with Google to make everything happen.