iMac unboxing videos - hilarious

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by tominabox1, Jan 7, 2009.

1. tominabox1 macrumors regular

Has anybody seen an iMac unboxing video on youtube? I've been watching a few of them in anticipation of my new iMac coming and I can't get enough of how every single time they open the box, they pull out the keyboard box and bring it to the camera and say "Designed by Apple in California." EVERY TIME... its like a silent requirement or something.

I want to make one now that is just skips straight to the computer...

any input?

2. stevo8 macrumors 6502

I dont understand the point and/or interest in making a video of taking something out of a box. Rather stupid IMO. Its not like its an unveiling of a new product or anything. Millions of people have them, big deal.

3. pimentoLoaf macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

Take pix for insurance purposes -- should anything be lost or stolen, you have a visual record of ownership.

I prefer still-shots, not video. And I don't put 'em on the web.

4. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I take pics of my new Apple unboxing stuff but they're not published online. Just a way to look back at how pretty and powerful something was before it started showing its age.

5. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I watched a lot of unboxing videos before I got my Macbook. I then watched more in the week I was waiting for my new iMac to ship, just built up the anticipation is all.

It's like, when you are going to get a new car. You go running all over the net to see all the video reviews of the car and all other little vids as well. I forget what it's called but I call it "the anticipation search".

6. leishan macrumors 6502

Sometimes they are pretty good-other times...meh...

Sometimes I enjoy watching them while I await a new product.