iMac under warranty

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by thechris69, Aug 21, 2007.

1. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

i have the generation iMac before the current ones out now, so the C2D iMac...

im under warranty until next month, and the computer is not meeting my needs with regards to speed, the computer has had a definite slow down as the months have progressed...

so since im under warranty, would apple refund my money?

2. feelthefire macrumors 6502a

No. Unless you can prove it's a hardware failure causing the slowdown, you're out of luck. Even if you could do this, you'd get a repair, not just a straight refund for a year old computer. That's not what warranties do.

3. psonice macrumors 6502a

So you've used the computer for 11 months, want something faster, and think apple should give you your money back so you can buy a new one?

Ah, if only... a new car every year, the latest computer yearly, trying out that new house for a year before you decide if it's right...

In other words, no.

4. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

Since your computer is still under warranty, your best bet would be to put it on eBay. A computer with a warranty will fetch a much better price because the buyer knows that if something is seriously wrong, they can just send it to Apple.

So, if you want a new computer, your best bet is to sell your current one and buy a new one. But the window of opportunity is closing.

5. RCGMac macrumors regular

Unless it is a hardware problem slowing down your computer, you are out of luck. Even if that is the problem Apple will fix the problem, not give you a refund. If you want a new computer, I second what another poster said, sell it on Ebay. Good luck!