Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

burrus1206

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2012
Advice and info

All this "when does new iMac come out?" controversy.

I plan on using it almost exclusively for film editing with AVID Media Composer 6. Class begins 22 Aug.

How may new iMac affect film editing capabilities, pro or con.

Also, advantage of 27' top of line v. 21.5' bottom and is 2560x1440 really necessary?

Sorry, if my ignorance is showing, but.....

Thanks for any advice or info you can supply.

burrus1206

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2012
to eucsstamticc

eucsstamticc:

thought the iMac was 64bit.

but.., i said i was ignorat.

----------

see.... i can't even spell "ignorant".

----------

see.... i can't even spell "ignorant".

eh270

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2009
You should have waited another month - both the Nvidia and AMD mobile GPU solutions offer a huge increase of power over the existing GPU and ship standard with 2G VRAM - further, Leap Motion launches its technology at the tears end which will be a whizz for games or design on the iMac - a revamped iMac that is.

What's another month, if its not out by middle of July, then invest in a refurbished unit.

Hindsight is 20/20 :)

handywipes

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2010
imac VS MacBook Pro

We don't buy to wait for something to break down..you have to send it for repair anyhow son what difference does it make for the UPS man to pickup a iMac or macbook?

Major benefits; screen size (duh)

Faster than MacBooks
Cheaper
I/O
:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:
First of all. For what you need the computer ?...If is School well you cant take a imac to school. but if is for work and you like a workstation like i do then an iMac.Now if you have an ipad then you could take the ipad insted of the macbook pro to school. those are the scenarios you need to think about.

For me if you don't have enough money then buy a iMac why? cuz you cant spill soda on it ,you cant let it fall ,is really unlikely that is stolen and it has a longer life than a macbook is just like that they breath better no batteries to change, no charging cable breaking. Shure is more easy to change a hard drive of an macbook pro but have you gone to ifixit and saw how easy it is?? I did 2 iMac HDD upgrades today. Sorry for my english :)

Mac technician
:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.