iMac update?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ThomBoh, Feb 21, 2011.

  1. ThomBoh macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 5, 2009
    #1
    Hi guys,

    I'm planning on buying a mac soon, and am currently grappling with the decision of whether to get a macbook pro to replace my current laptop, or for about the same price spoil myself with a 27' iMac. It really comes down I guess to whether or not I really need a high degree of portability that my current (5 year old) LG notebook can't provide.

    But that aside, with all of the rumors (almost confirmation at this point) that the Macbook Pro line will be updated with the new sandybridge processors this thursday, is there any indication at this point that the iMacs will follow suit? I know the line is due for an update "soon", but I'm fearing that I might get too tempted/impatient when the new pros come out this week and just settle for that. If I could convince myself that there might be refreshed iMacs in the next month or so though, I just might be able to hold out!

    So, despite the lack of any update on the iMac buyer's guide in the last 3 weeks, does anyone else feel like it's reasonable that we'll have sandybridge iMacs in March?
     
  2. skiltrip macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    May 6, 2010
    Location:
    New York
    #3
    I predict May. But that's just me.

    I also think if you want one now, he refurb prices of 1699 and 1899 on the i5 and i7 are a hell of a good price.
     
  3. nStyle macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2009
    #4
    I bought an i3 27" at BB because it was the only one that the BB's around me carry. Quickly took it back because it way too slow. Not excessively, but enough to where I couldn't justify the money.

    I planned on getting the i5 to replace it, but then I realized that I should just wait; however, this is extremely difficult. It is hard giving something so amazing up. I just keep telling myself it is for the better and that I will be more happy in the end. I am so close to pulling the trigger again though!
     
  4. chris98vf macrumors regular

    chris98vf

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2010
    #5
    I'd hold off because something's a brewing on the interwebs, Apple's bound to release an update soon and if the iMac's not in this update it should be coming soon.
     
  5. chris98vf macrumors regular

    chris98vf

    Joined:
    Mar 3, 2010
    #6
    I'd buy one now if you need it. The update that may or may not be coming won't be much better...


    see what I did there? :p
     
  6. nStyle macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Dec 6, 2009
    #7
    I think we are to close to a refresh to justify buying one now.
     
  7. imacky macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Nov 16, 2010
    #8
    There are news floating on the web talking about MBP, but an iMac? Not yet, just the rumors.

    However, new iMac will take some time to launch, at least 3 months for sure. I got mine last month, and I don't regret buying it. All depends on your needs!

    Also, the current iMac is powerful. :D
     

Share This Page