iMac updated to Sierra & can't find my photos library

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by CarboysDesire, Jun 5, 2017.

1. CarboysDesire macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

I had my iMac upgraded and picked it up today.

They replaced the hard drive with a solid state drive, upgraded the RAM, and copied over my data.

They also installed Sierra.

When I open Photos it is asking me to drag photos in, import from a device, blah blah blah.

I want it to look at my photos library which I know they copied over to the new drive, but I can't find it.

I've looked for an hour and searched online for an answer. There was a helpful answer about adding Pictures back to my Sidebar in Finder but the library isn't in there. I still can't find it.

When I do About This iMac I can tell they are there somewhere because 1/2 of my 1 TB is used, with the other half free. They are somewhere....but where???
    --- Post Merged, Jun 5, 2017 ---
    I looked in Manage Storage and I see there are 466 gigs in Other Users.

Other Users? How do I access that?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 5, 2017 ---
    I logged out of My Name and sure enough User was another log in option. I logged in as User (no password required) and sure enough all my pics and music is there!!!!

So now the question is how to do I get all that stuff over to My Name?

Attached Files:

2. CarboysDesire thread starter macrumors 6502a

CarboysDesire

Well in the end I decided to use the User account since that's where all my stuff is at, and then I deleted the My Name account since there wasn't really anything there yet.

Then I changed the name on the User account to My Name.

It's all good now. Sheesh. 3.5 hours later.

3. navaira macrumors 68040

navaira

Here Sierra decided to reupload my entire Photos library to iCloud (where it already was), which I only realised because it told me I have to pay more for storage. Ended up deleting the old/current library and redownloading everything from iCloud.