Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

peakchua

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
Hey, i was wondering whether apple would update their speakers or maybe reposition them as the audio on the imac is really poor and are not a big improvement from the early 09 one. maybe the 27inch imac will have better audio? also, what is the prospect of apple using third party audio speakers and systems? (harman kardon, dolby hd audio, logitech) i really wish apple would put the audio where he mic is and also at the bottom. as we all know, the imac is gaining popularity as a home mini theater (if it had tv tuner + blu ray it would be selling like hot cakes!! ^^) so, any suggestions or rumors?

peakchua

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
do u think that apple will work to significantly improve the audio qulaity? im not into another update with my macbook pro and 20 inch imac for another 4-5 years so, do you think the audio will be surround sound/hd by that time? how good is intel HD AUDIO?

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
do u think that apple will work to significantly improve the audio qulaity?

No. There's only so much they can do with the audio quality because of the form factor of the chassis. As I said before, if you really care about audio quality you need to buy a good pair of headphones or an external sound system anyway. Built-in speakers will never come close.

im not into another update with my macbook pro and 20 inch imac for another 4-5 years so, do you think the audio will be surround sound/hd by that time? how good is intel HD AUDIO?

I don't know and frankly I don't really care. The world is ending in 2 years anyways.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
27" already has pretty good audio compared to 24". If you're not satisfied with it, get external speakers

peakchua

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 12, 2010
i am actually pretty satisifed with the imacs audio right now though the distortion is so high.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.