iMac upgrading!

Discussion in 'iMac' started by DanielYilmaz, Dec 3, 2012.

1. DanielYilmaz macrumors member

Right I want to purchase the new 27" for £1,699 but is upgrading the cpu and gpu actually worth it ? I want to upgrade the to the 680mx and to the i7 but is there much of a difference ? from the 675mx and the i5 ? I use the iMac for basic stuff like web surfing watching films ect but i also like video editing gaming and graphic design using programs like adobe premier and final cut pro x also photoshop and steam. Not a big pc gamer but I like playing the mac games which are available e.g. portal 2 and what ever comes out in the future ? I dont know whether to upgrade or not !

I really dont have the extra £300 to spend but I know its not possible to upgrade in the future due to apple thinking it was a smart idea to basically super glue everything together :mad:

What do you guys think I should do ?

2. zhandri Suspended

for normal use i'd say the graphic upgrade is totally worth it. the CPU upgrade only if you do some heavy photo or video editing tasks

3. tann macrumors 68000

I would say GPU upgrade is 10x (figure of speech) better than the CPU one.

Depending on how many years you want to keep it for maybe look into the GPU upgrade.

4. DanielYilmaz thread starter macrumors member

If you were in my position what would you do upgrade the gpu and cpu or just save the money ? for a iPhone 5 ? :p

----------

If you were in my position what would you do upgrade the gpu and cpu or just save the money ? for a iPhone 5 ? :p