iMac User here and Myspace Spam victim...

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Wheeltard, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Wheeltard macrumors newbie

Some ringtone outfit has hacked my Myspace account and is spamming my friends on MySpace. I'm starting to change out my password daily in the hopes of alleviting it, but it's also apparent that I'm going to need some anti-spyware software too. Any ideas, product suggestions and experiences you can share with me would be greatly appreciated.
    Wheels

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

3. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

So you're saying that changing your password daily hasn't stopped the problem?

4. G5Unit macrumors 68020

G5Unit

That should fix the problem, and no, there is no spywear for macs... currently ...

5. Halsey12 macrumors regular

That myspace hacking occurs by you visting a hacked profile, and then when you try to click on something it tells you "you must be logged in to do that" and you re log into myspace, except it's not myspace you are logging into- it's the fake page that then gets your password. So no one has put spyware on your computer.

Be very aware of what the address bar says, and before you click on anything, you can see what the link is by glancing down at status bar (turn it on with command + / if it's not already on). They will try and trick you by putting "myspace" in their addresses, but they are easy to spot.

6. brandon6684 Guest

This is a platform independent phishing scam. I have a book mark for MySpace, and only login from that bookmark, ever, that way I know it's the "real" site.

7. rainydays macrumors 6502a

I thought that's what Steves black turtleneck was all about :confused: