iMac vinyl???

oefootball70

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
I am wanting to spruce up the front of my iMac. Are there any options out there? I am having a hard time finding anything, only iPad/iPhone/Macbook stuff.....

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I would use one of the laptop ones really. Your selection will be limited due to the base/arm bit but you can still get a few that work well I think. I don't know that anyone ever thought of iMac decals, maybe there is money in that.

oefootball70

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
I would use one of the laptop ones really. Your selection will be limited due to the base/arm bit but you can still get a few that work well I think. I don't know that anyone ever thought of iMac decals, maybe there is money in that.
I guess I wasn't being super clear. Sorry, I was wanting a long skinny one for the chin of the iMac. Mines sits facing a wall so the traditional laptop vinyls wouldn't be worth my monies.

I had thought about those tho.

Something like a skyline of chicago, IDK. Something cool.

warvanov

macrumors 6502a
Oct 13, 2011
You might have to make your own, but something like a Chicago skyline would be relatively easy to do.

Buy a piece of vinyl from a craft store or a hardware store and trace the picture onto it. Print out a picture at the correct size to use as a reference. Use an x-acto knife to cut it out.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
OP Oh! sorry for that.

This guy is spot on. Your needs seem real basic and easy to do with an x-acto knife and patience.
You might have to make your own, but something like a Chicago skyline would be relatively easy to do.

Buy a piece of vinyl from a craft store or a hardware store and trace the picture onto it. Print out a picture at the correct size to use as a reference. Use an x-acto knife to cut it out.
OR
http://www.etsy.com/listing/62868274/chicago-skyline-macbook-laptop-vinyl
How wide is your iMac's chin?